Fly Tying
vicrider

Let's start thinking Christmas Swap

And Mike, thank you for that lovely pm

You're welcome, Flats. Should I post it here so everyone knows what it said?

what happens in the PM stays in the PM Mike! You know that :P

Hopefully mine gets there soon!

what happens in the PM stays in the PM Mike! You know that tongue.png

Yes, you're correct, of course. I just have to learn to let it go. It's a good thing I didn't join this swap. I've lost all my christmas (sic) spirit.

Sending mine out today. They should make it before the deadline. 800 miles on the little Harley the last few days, and when I got back home to try and tie a few cleaner and neater my dang bobbin insert popped out. I was able to use an old one without freying the thread too much. My apologies for cutting it close. Thanks for hosting.

My package is on its way to the North Pole!, There is a little something in there for you Nick ( Santa) no need to wait for Christmas to enjoy yours. Thank you for hosting again.

Received several packages today, some that even crossed the ocean, some that crossed international borders, and I'm tell ya', these are looking good. I am continually amazed at the quality of the flies coming in on this swap. I'm feeling pressure to go to the vise and tie a whole new set for my box...nah, it'll do. Front page will be updated in a minute or two.

Flatsroamer, is you message full again? tried to send you a PM and it bounced. Member cannot receive messages. Mine is upper 40's and I better knock some off to make sure it doesn't happen to me.

Hello vicrider,

Mine were mailed Priority Mail this morning and I was told that they should be across the Red River by Monday. I included a stamped Priority Mail envelope for the return postage for you convenience. Thank for doing this swap I know it takes a lot of time and effort with this many people. I hope you and your family have a SAFE and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Okay, 4 more nice sets came in today. I kept thinking there's always one Above and Beyond in each set but this time it went beyond that for me and some lucky guy getting the wheel spin. Joseph Sylvia included one of his leather fly wallets and put one in there for Santa that's NOT going in the mix. And then he had the audacity to include postage.

Dubs, Add147, and a box from someone with real name but no board name I have to figure out who it is, or Frankie D. you could post your board for me. All of these boxes are very nice and going to make some one happy. This is a lot of fun getting things in the mail like this, not so much fun getting them sorted and crossed to hopefully suit each person's fishing. Some I pick where I think they'd best be used but when I get to the point I have a bunch of similar gifts, trout flies for instance, I put the names on this wheel I found to mix office party gifts. Works for everyone that way and I haven't seen anything I'd be disappointed with yet.

You should all know that I do add some flies here and there to bring the assortment up in some cases so if there's flies in the pic I hope to get to that aren't yours I just sweetened things for everyone and gave me a chance to cut into the massive supply my elves have tied for this Christmas season. Some of you went so far past generous I was tempted to five finger a few for myself but the elves gave me these nasty looks when I tried.