Fly Tying
vicrider

Let's start thinking Christmas Swap

Vicrider I pmed you awhile ago about postage and have not gotten a reply. Let me know so I can reimburse you.

I'm glad they arrived on time. Thanks for thinking of me. As everyone knows life can get busy and you're lucky if you keep up one social site. Can't wait for santas gift. I always love the great quality flies from everyone.

Yeah, I remember you asking about it. I really didn't have a Santa's surprise this year so everyone got a shot of something from the big Christmas package I picked up from the Dungeon. Talked to the Mad Scientist and he gave me a good deal since I said I was passing his goods out to about 30 fly tyers for advertisement. His Christmas package is an amazing deal for someone using a lot of hair and his other package is great for dubbing, eyes, and ass't. goodies for regular tying. Yours went out first with a few others. All the rest hit the mail yesterday so we should start hearing of arrivals soon. I'm going to start a new thread just for that so put your note on there please.

Can't say I go through swap threads with a fine comb, so maybe I am missing something.

But, how come there are not too many pictures in them?

Joe I did, but the hair wasn't in the wrapped box, it was in the envelope that it was sent it

I can take a pic of it if you don't believe me...

For the most part Bimini it's because us SM are too lazy. Don't know if you've done a swap on you own yet but some that go really well pictures are a breeze to take care of, until photobucket screws up or they're too big and you have edit each one down to use the site version of loading them. I try to get pics of most of my swaps I run but sometimes it's easier for a guy who just gets a pile of flies to photo them and put them in thread. He didn't have to wait for latecomers, sort them out and package and seal them and those other things make a swap fun. Some people, like me, really enjoy doing this for other people and run a lot of them. The Christmas swap last I got pics but this year I just felt pressured to get them sorted out, packaged and shipped and got sick beside right in the middle of having them scattered all over the bed. I'm hoping people will shoot pics of their gifts after Christmas.

Joe I did, but the hair wasn't in the wrapped box, it was in the envelope that it was sent it

I can take a pic of it if you don't believe me...

lol not necessary, I was assuming based on the fact you said you got Dave's flies.

Yeah, everybody's but Hazathors was loose in box like stocking stuffers. Hazathors is inside the box his gift is in because it is acting as filler to keep it from flopping around in there.

hahahaha.

Merry Christmas Flatsroamer... Now you need to make sure you wait until Christmas to use them!!

But, how come there are not too many pictures in them?

The SM (contrary to Vic's self belittling) have enough to do without taking the time to take pictures of everyone's contribution.

The people receiving the flies are to into looking through them to take pictures.

It was explained to me a few years ago, the swaps are for the participants. They do not "owe" any pictures to "outsiders".

If someone wants to take pictures and share, they can, but the swappers all know what they got, and that's the important part.