Fly Tying
vicrider

Let's start thinking Christmas Swap

I am just surprised that more people don't jump in and say "I am goint to tie X!", followed by a picture of X.

Then again, I haven't jumped into one of these yet, so maybe I should not be posting here anyways... :D

I am just surprised that more people don't jump in and say "I am goint to tie X!", followed by a picture of X.

Then again, I haven't jumped into one of these yet, so maybe I should not be posting here anyways... :D

Bimini, perhaps another Junk Fly Swap should be commenced... Some very nice, eye and fish-catching productions have been posted there. Right after holidays might work for a redoux. I may need to do some Mettallic Ice Mice and gunfire deadening ear plug poppers, named Flame Orange Chellinators, Bass Variant,;) I may kid about many things but I am not kiddding about the flies..

No worries. Sooner or later I will get into a swap.

I have to get over the prospect of tying a whole dozen, or even just half, though...

Bimini, there are a lot of smaller, faster flies I can sit down and tie my way right through. Then there are other flies that require more concentration and time. Those I stagger myself. For instance, I started the Hog Snares well before the junk flies. The junk flies I tied when I got tired of messing with the Snares and they're done. The Snares back ends are all done, the mid wire and back ends are about half done, and two whole flies are finished. I generally ties those in segments and it keeps from burning out so quick on them. I never burn out on dries but just how many can you tie and give away?

I think I did 5 or 6 different patterns in a couple different colors or sizes for this one so it would've been rough to take pictures like that. For most swaps I think it's do-able, but it's kind of fun to get the surprise.

No worries. Sooner or later I will get into a swap.

I have to get over the prospect of tying a whole dozen, or even just half, though...

That is the hardest part, I am normally done with 4...IMG_1027.JPG

These prototypes are now being tested in Nebraska Sandhills... picture from September

ps. vicrider, made me burst out laughing on other thread with that "Lock" picture a few days ago.. hope he doesn't put one on his own thread now :)

Dang FRN, when I first looked at your small thumb pic I thought, "Man that's one butt-ugly fly." Then I blew it up and realized it wasn't one fly but 3 butt-ugly flies.

Hey, just kiddin' ya'. Gotta be careful or you new mods will take this as slander against a member and I'll have to go to the corner for a timeout.

Im going to change my name, looks like ive been replaced :(

Some good looking flies this swap has. Hopefully people actually freaking use them so its not a complete waste of time

Dang FRN, when I first looked at your small thumb pic I thought, "Man that's one butt-ugly fly." Then I blew it up and realized it wasn't one fly but 3 butt-ugly flies.

Hey, just kiddin' ya'. Gotta be careful or you new mods will take this as slander against a member and I'll have to go to the corner for a timeout.

Still ok to attack me and Chell... And, I agree on your cosmic, cosmetic, commentary.. I gave these Three thumbs Down.

But fishing reports indicate that the ear- plug popper was destroyed after a few largemouths. So,it flunked the durability test but probably ok on the "simple to tie" and "catches fish" categories. Always, good here, mantra 2 outa 3, not bad...

My Secret Santa package arrived today. I received jmckaughan's flies this year. They are under the Christmas tree and will be the last set that I will open at the end of a VERY busy Christmas day. And thanks, Vicrider, for the extra stuff.

Take care

BB

Mod, how do I change my name?

Above my pay grade, Dude... Just remember that Freakin Redneck nitwit, thread.Killer, and Kenduardo are already taken ;)

Mod, how do I change my name?

If the feature works, you will find it in your profile settings.

How is it exactly that you are being replaced?

FRN, I would hop in on a junk fly swap after the holidays, I would have joined the most recent one but I am way to busy even for "junk flies" right now!