Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bowfin47

28th Annual North Toledo Bend Rendezvous-A Gathering of Tyers 11/4-6

I did eat too much ... but I think I burned it off wading through the mud. It was my pleasure, meeting you. Great stories and a good sense of humor.

I will be looking for the opportunity to return. If I can, I will be bringing my tying equipment, not fishing gear.

Thank you, for the warm welcome I received.

post-52478-0-15982400-1478553690_thumb.jpg

Well I will admit that I DID eat to much! LOL The food was wonderful and everyone was so nice. I really enjoyed myself and I am really glad that I had to opportunity to meet Mike. He was kind enough to take me fishing some and at least give me some pointers on using a fly rod and reel. Yes believe it or not, I have tied several flies and I have acquired a huge collection of flies from all the swaps that I have been in but I have yet to actually throw a fly rod and reel. Mike was even nice enough to give me some of his flies out of his box and I say thank you Mike for sharing. I hope that our paths will cross again in the near future.

To all those that put on the Rendezvous and was very gracious with their time and cooking skills I want to say a big ole Texas THANK YOU!!! I had a hell of a good time and I hope to attend other ones in the future.

The two fine looking gentlemen in the picture are add147 and mikechell! GQ Magazine will be calling any day now I am sure of it!!! LOL LOL...

Thank you, Adam. You and your Dad proved that hospitality is alive and well. Letting me stay in the cabin was very gracious of you and the evening conversations were fun.

Indeed, the crew in the kitchen did a wonderful job. I offered help a couple of times. Both times, I was told, "Sure, you can help." But then, when I asked what do you want me to do ... I was ignored. Not really ignored, but I was never actually given a task to perform. The people there seemed to be doing everything, so my help was, pretty much, to get out of the way.

Your picture came out great, Adam! Better than any of the pictures I got with my camera. Unfortunately, I could stand a little blurring ... you know, soften the lines a little?

Some more of the rest of the attendees.

Last of the people pictures ...

I'll try to get good pictures of the flies in a few minutes.

Oh ... and by the time I got back to the hotel Sunday evening, I had developed a full blown cold from hell. (it's not a Flu, as I got the shot, and I don't feel THAT bad) Nose alternating between stuffed up and oozing, slightly tired all day, itchy cough that's worse than usual.

I blame the nasty little imps that were running around the kitchen and the common area.

The flies ... given by a few of the tiers, while I was watching them tie and listening to stories.

Again, a great bunch of people that I hope to see again someday.

From the vise of Kyle Moppert

... peacock over and brushed out eyelash yarn underneath.

Unforgettable man ... but I never did catch his name

Gave me two of these.

Ray Boudreaux was tying parachutes for the first time, and gave me one. He left before I could get his photo but I found on online.

And the fly ...

Warren Landry

Handed me one of his Bluegill catching favorites.

And Fred Hannie ... also a picture from online, since the only one I got of him was a blur on a rocking chair

Tied an exact replica of a Grass Shrimp in just a few minutes, then gave it to me.

Thank you, Kyle, for advertising the Rendezvous here. Thank you, Adam, for putting me up in the cabin. Thank you to all who attended for making me feel welcome, listening to my stories and treating me like I'd been there before!