Fly Tying
add147

Mylar Tubing Swap - Any Type of Fly

Years ago (many) I was fishing the mouth of the Beaver River flowing into Lake Superior and the mouth was full of what we called "reef trout". Lake Trout running from about 2-5#s. They were gorging on little silvery minnows and I was catching them on a little Rooster Tail 1/8oz. Spinner and UL Spinning. I looked the fly the Norm had it there and it brought back those memories since it would have duped the ones they were feeding on so well. Yep guys, this is one of those class swaps and though they're on the small side don't let that stop you from dropping them in big fish water. Mylar is a strong draw for attraction.

I got mine today too- they are going to be put to good use as soon as the white bass run starts. That shrimp fly is something else! That'll go in my look, don't use display.

I received a nice set of flies today from everyone,

jjs89 - if you are talking about the Patrick's Tail Tamer Shrimp pattern with a rattle inside then I appreciate the compliment. Let me know if you want the recipe, good luck finding an economical source for those rattles though because they are expensive. I am on the coast so rattles are a necessity for redfish or speckled trout.

Dorado- how do you fish your pattern and what species do you target with it- I love that pattern.

thanks for hosting Add147 and hope things get better for you soon, hope to see you at the Ed Rizzollos Fly Tying Festival next Saturday- 02/11/2017

I received a nice set of flies today from everyone,

jjs89 - if you are talking about the Patrick's Tail Tamer Shrimp pattern with a rattle inside then I appreciate the compliment. Let me know if you want the recipe, good luck finding an economical source for those rattles though because they are expensive. I am on the coast so rattles are a necessity for redfish or speckled trout.

Dorado- how do you fish your pattern and what species do you target with it- I love that pattern.

thanks for hosting Add147 and hope things get better for you soon, hope to see you at the Ed Rizzollos Fly Tying Festival next Saturday- 02/11/2017

I'd love the recipe. Where on the coast are you? I assume in tx?

I am glad that folks are beginning to get their flies now. One again I apologize to everyone on my lack of keeping everyone up to date and the slow turn around. The trees are beginning to bud out where I am at some hopefully spring is not to far off.

Add, your inbox must be full again. You're not accepting PM at this time. I'm wondering if I goofed up on return postage or forgot or something.

Nick

vicrider,

Try it now! Sorry I was not paying attention and did not know it was full.