Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Wooly buggers are probably one of the most popular and versatile flies anywhere you fish. From California to Colorado to New York, and not just USA, but other countries as well. Anywhere you can fly fish, you can use a wooly bugger. They work for both fresh and even saltwater, however they tend to be most commonly found as freshwater streamers. These flies are a bit more flashy then the chenille tied buggers, and therefor are better suited in my opinion for more aggressive fish, or even stained water conditions.

Hook: Daiichi 1750 - size 8
Tail: Marabou - Brown
Flash: Krystal Flash - Gold
Dubbing: Starburst Dubbing
Hackle: Rooster Cape - Brown
Thread: Ultra thread 70 - Dark brown

Very nice. I like everything about your tying videos--camera work, music, instructions on-screen, pacing, and the underwater footage at the end is a really nice touch. Some of the best on YouTube IMHO.

Very nice. I like everything about your tying videos--camera work, music, instructions on-screen, pacing, and the underwater footage at the end is a really nice touch. Some of the best on YouTube IMHO.

Wow that's really nice of you to say thank you! I really do appreciate the compliment. Not sure if I'm deserving of it ha ha but that is really nice of you thank you

Yes, I like the video too. It is nice to see what the action/presentation of the fly is like in the water.

You have a slightly different way to tie than I do. I secure my feather in the rump and then palmer forward and apply fine gold wire in opposite direction.

The dubbing I use which seems to be a very very close match is hareline's ice dub rusty brown.

Again, great video.

Cheers, Ron...