Fly Tying
breambuster

Classic Fly Swap With A Twist

Packaging them up. Take to the PO over the weekend.

I didn't clip the gnats. I know people like different variations so they are doing the 360.

I love these gnats for the simple reason that I have found that if fishing and need a skeeter or the likes I just clip the hackle till the profile fits the fly I forgot to bring. Lol

Since BWOs are such a basic small fly pattern and I'm getting more vise time lately, I've got a size 20 standard BWO with Coque De Leon (sp) tail, Olive Goose Biot body, dark dun hackle.

Those are done and I'm working on a size 22 with same body and tail but with blue CDC wing. IF these go well I might just take a shot at including size 24 parachute, CDL tail, BWO olive Superfine dubbing body, light dun hackle parachute and white poly post to make your size 24 easy to see bouncing on a sunlit riffle.

Holy Crap..... size 24??? I'm only 50 yrs old and in need of 2.5 cheaters to see size 12's. LOL

***Breambuster*** address please.... Just trying to think of some extras that would come in handy for you.

Cheers, Ron....

Three sets of flies have arrived so far. We have some very nice Wooly Buggers from Colonel Mel, some sweet Adams Dry Flies from Woodenlegs and an awesome Elk Hair Caddis from Idaho RC. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Take care

BB

Need adrress at your convenience, Partridge & Green, Size 14, ready for snail mail.

Shy of being held up in Customs, they should be at your door step by Friday.

We have 3 more sets of flies to report. First, we have a very nice Beaded Prince Nymph from Decisions, a great Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear from djh262 and a super Wooly Bugger from Colonel Mel. Great work, guys. And I'm going to try to post some pictures. Wish me luck.

BB

Here are some pictures of the flies we have so far. They are in no particular order.

First, we have the Beaded Prince Nymph by Decisions.

post-747-0-52372300-1485014696_thumb.jpg

Next we have the Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear by djh262

post-747-0-36650400-1485014818_thumb.jpg

Our 3rd fly is the Light Cahill by Rockworm

post-747-0-97342800-1485014922_thumb.jpg

Next in the lineup is the Wooly Bugger by Colonel Mel

post-747-0-57294300-1485014993_thumb.jpg

Our 5th fly is the Elk Hair Caddis, a "Tan Caddis" by Idaho RC

post-747-0-35288300-1485015031_thumb.jpg

And our last fly, for now, is the Adams Dry Fly by Woodenlegs

post-747-0-48557100-1485015119_thumb.jpg

Great work, everyone. Thanks for your flies. This is going to be an awesome box of flies.

Take care

BB

Oh I am so looking forward to receiving these!

You forgot one though Bream..... I don't see yours in the pile.... LOL

Mine will go in the mail Monday and give your Macro a little workout. I have a size 20 BWO with Olive Biot body and dun hackle, a 22 BWO, Olive Biot body and CDC wing, and a 24 dubbed BWO with dun parachute. I also did a size 24 winged mosquito with quill body for Decisions since he likes that small stuff.

Hey Decisions, talking small here's a ring of flies on hooks ranging from size 30 to size 20. One of each size I tied for a couple of guys who fish them that small but can't tie them. They range from a biot bodied size 30, winged 28 mosquito with stripped hackle body, winged 26 Adam, 24 Crackleback, 22 BWO CDC, 20 parachute and Royal Coachman.

All Small.JPG

By the way, I always ship flies smaller than 18 with a BR size wire through them. This shows there really is a hole there and the wire is .007 so a 4x tippet should theoretically make it through eye. 5x and 6x is more realistic though.

What the heck would they catch on them? I'm guessing maybe 1-1/2" dace or logger perch? lol

Ya I know, I have seen some nice trout (5lbs) caught on size 18 chrominoids... (sp)

Just for the record, if I can't put a 2X through it, I don't want it! Ha ha ha

Good on ya for being able to tie so small.

Cheers, Ron...

Hey Guys, (Generic term) I've got a couple of news items to report. First, josephcsylvia has notified me that due to unexpected problems, as a result of last Fall's storm, he is going to have to resign from the swap. We are sad to see him leave, and we wish him all the best in the days to come. I certainly understand about his situation, and we will all keep him in our thoughts and best wishes going forward.

However, in his place, jburge has agreed to tie the Pheasant Tail Nymph for us, and we welcome jburge. If you've never tied with him before, let me tell you that boy has SKILLS! So we are glad to have him join us.

And last, we have 2 new sets of flies. Vicriders, teensy tiny BWO's are here, and Horseshoes has tied us up a couple of sets of Griffith's Gnats that almost flew out of the box and swarmed around my head when I opened the box. Great work by 2 super tiers!

Oh, yeah, ONE more thing. I have recently bought a used copy of GUIDE FLIES; How To Tie And Fish The Killer Flies From America's Greatest Guides And Fly Shops by David Klausmeyer. I can see a second round of "Flies With A Twist" coming up!

That's all for now.

Take care

BB

Sorry to hear about josephcsylvia, I hope everything is Ok.

Sounds like you got another interesting swap planned.

Yes, Joeseph needs us behind him, pulling for him right now.

As far as the swap, I've just been going through the book picking out some patterns. I'll have to see if there are some YouTube videos for these. There are a lot of patterns here that I've either never heard of, or heard of just in passing. I may have to make copies of pictures out of the book and send them to some of the tiers so they will have something to go by. But others are basic patterns with, maybe, a different material thrown in or a different color. But the pattern is just the basic style. But I have plenty of time to do research.

Take care

BB