Fly Tying
breambuster

Classic Fly Swap With A Twist

Mine are here today also. I really enjoy opening the swapped flies and checking out everyone's awesome work. There are some incredible tiers here!

Thanks a bunch for hosting this swap!

Received an awesome set of flies in the mail yesterday. Really, really, nice! Thanks to all tiers and BB for pulling off another great swap.

Yep, picked mine up today. Nothing special...just another fantastic set of flies from swappers who do a great job on so many different ties.

Funny but when I opened this box my thinking was it was a panfish swap. Got to looking at them and thought, hey, these are too nice to let bluegills chew up. Definitely trout quality here.

Not to brag, but I took the black wooly bugger I tied for this swap up to my neighbor's pond for about 45 minutes. Here's the result. (Note the crappie is 14" if you straighten his tail fin).

post-21322-0-79032900-1488667050_thumb.jpg

Edible crappie at 9", dandies between 9-11", pure slabs when you bypass the 12-13" mark. Biggest I've ever measured was 15.5" but I caught one a couple years ago bigger on a farm pond fishing bass but dropped it back in. Wish I'd have layed it against the rod to get a measurement but I'd bet 16+. So when I head to some of our ponds as soon as winds back off I'll be putting your bugger on for sure.

Got mine today!

I am humbled on the ties from everyone. Sorry for making my beaded Prince Nymph so big Vicrider. LOL

Just incredible you guys can tie so small! I think I will be making a shadow box for these so I can look at them while I'm in the office doing paperwork. I will put a sign above it... "Attention to detail no matter how small the job is key to success".

Thanks again everyone, they are great!

Cheers, Ron...