Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Stupid Ebay people!

IF you are willing to accept the bid of the second highest bidder, go to Ebay Customer Service:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1668

Click on the "Call Us" option under Contact Options. They will give you a code so you can talk to a real person. Ask them if you can sell to the second highest bidder.

Sweet, I will try that! I am not sure who the 2nd highest is though, and how much they bid. Im not all that skilled with this Ebay thing...

Heres the thing with ebay. My wife has over 10,000 transaction on ebay so ive delt with them quite a bit. He can sell it to the next highest bidder by doing a second chance offer. He should wait until he closes the case incase the original buyer pays. Then he would have to refund and piss off one of them.

Keep in mind this guy can leave feedback even if he doesnt pay. As long as he doesnt lie You'll have to fight to have it removed.

My advice is to simply close the case yourself in the resolution center 3 days after opening the case and then re-list the item. When you realist it add a note in your description saying must be paid with 1 day of auction ending.

Ebay is AlWAYS on the buyers side. You have to fight as a seller.

I just lost $140 on a knife sheath I sold that went to Chili. There is no tracking once an item leaves the U.S to certain countries and he said he never got it so boom they give him his money back because I have absolutely no way to prove he got it.

Sucks, I think I'm not gonna do Ebay again... I don't have disposable income in order to be able to loose items like that. Even this simple $100 is putting me out big time.

Heres the thing with ebay. My wife has over 10,000 transaction on ebay so ive delt with them quite a bit. He can sell it to the next highest bidder by doing a second chance offer. He should wait until he closes the case incase the original buyer pays. Then he would have to refund and piss off one of them.

Keep in mind this guy can leave feedback even if he doesnt pay. As long as he doesnt lie You'll have to fight to have it removed.

My advice is to simply close the case yourself in the resolution center 3 days after opening the case and then re-list the item. When you realist it add a note in your description saying must be paid with 1 day of auction ending.

I just lost $140 on a knife sheath I sold that went to Chili. There is no tracking once an item leaves the U.S to certain countries and he said he never got it so boom they give him his money back because I have absolutely no way to prove he got it.

Sucks, I think I'm not gonna do Ebay again... I don't have disposable income in order to be able to loose items like that. Even this simple $100 is putting me out big time.

McFlyLures the no tracking outside of the US has nothing to do with Ebay, that is all the good ol crappy USPS right there. Even if someone buys a rod directly from me, not ebay or any other sale site, but lets say someone from the UK calls me and orders a rod directly. Even if I purchases tracking and insurance on the rod then if the customer says he never got it then I have no way of tracking it. USPS tracking stops the second it leaves US soil. Which IMO is ridiculous because if you pay for tracking then it should cover the package the whole way not just to the border.

Ebay is a good place to make some extra cash. The ebay fee's suck, and the fact that as Joe said they really side with buyers 99.9% of the time and they should not do that because sellers are what makes ebay. But I would not say to let this one experience sour you on ebay. I have around 1100 transactions on there and 100% feedback and have only had to deal with maybe 2-3 issues in the 15 years or so that I have been a member on ebay.

IF you are willing to accept the bid of the second highest bidder, go to Ebay Customer Service:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1668

Click on the "Call Us" option under Contact Options. They will give you a code so you can talk to a real person. Ask them if you can sell to the second highest bidder.

The problem with "second chance" is that it too is used as a scam. The seller can have a "friend" (that may be him/herself using an alternate id) run up the bid to see how high the second bidder is willing to go. Then, they gratuitously call you, the 2nd place bidder, and tell you that the winning bid fell through, and ask if you would purchase the item at your highest bid. Bam! you just paid too much!

McFlyLures the no tracking outside of the US has nothing to do with Ebay, that is all the good ol crappy USPS right there. Even if someone buys a rod directly from me, not ebay or any other sale site, but lets say someone from the UK calls me and orders a rod directly. Even if I purchases tracking and insurance on the rod then if the customer says he never got it then I have no way of tracking it. USPS tracking stops the second it leaves US soil. Which IMO is ridiculous because if you pay for tracking then it should cover the package the whole way not just to the border.

Ebay is a good place to make some extra cash. The ebay fee's suck, and the fact that as Joe said they really side with buyers 99.9% of the time and they should not do that because sellers are what makes ebay. But I would not say to let this one experience sour you on ebay. I have around 1100 transactions on there and 100% feedback and have only had to deal with maybe 2-3 issues in the 15 years or so that I have been a member on ebay.

Yeah I have 100% positive rating as well. I used to sell a lot of flies on there and some fly tying materials, however I quit doing that cause of the fee's. I was just going to use eBay as a simple way of selling off my old items I don't use regularly. But yeah, maybe I am just letting my frustration get to me. I will probably use it in the future again. I think though I will try craigslist first though and handle face to face as much as possible. Or even try to sell to people on here without ebay first, people that are trustworthy that I talk to on a regular basis. I think I will use Ebay as the last resort if I cannot sell those other two ways for these particular items.

Heres an idea, why not find a group of trustworthy guys who really enjoy buying fishing and tying stuff and list it there as well? Not that I know of a place like that or anything :)

Heres an idea, why not find a group of trustworthy guys who really enjoy buying fishing and tying stuff and list it there as well? Not that I know of a place like that or anything smile.png

Great idea Joseph!! Now where could that be? lol

Your getting the highest price from eBay. I don't sell a lot on eBay but I only sell in the continental USA. I stopped having any kind of problem when I started shipping only to the mainland. No oversees no Puerto Rico, no anywhere where it goes across water other then the Mississippi.

Forget Craigslist it's a true nightmare of no shows and low ballers.

Heres an idea, why not find a group of trustworthy guys who really enjoy buying fishing and tying stuff and list it there as well? Not that I know of a place like that or anything :)

Isn't that what I said? I said "I will probably try here first before the last resort of eBay"....

Why didn't you try to sell it to forum member?

Might have eliminated all this nonsense

Once the fiasco is over, do you want it? $115... I was charging $20 for shipping... so I'm knocking $10 off what he owes...

Why didn't you try to sell it to forum member?

Might have eliminated all this nonsense

Broader potential buying base, more apt to sell quickly, more apt to sell for more money. I can't blame him one bit for that. When I have something that I am not in a hurry to sell I will always list it here first, but if money is tight and I need cash during a bad month then ebay is always the way to go to get the most views from people actively looking to buy said item.

Well if it is the country, then it is spelled Chile. But if it is the food, then it is spelled Chili.

If it's the pepper, it's spelled chile. Only the stew is spelled with an 'i'.

But back on topic, there's always the possibility that the bidder couldn't reply -- I've won a bid when I was in the hospital for a few days. (I obviously didn't expect to be hospitalized at the time I placed the bid.)