Fly Tying
vices

Fly tyer mag..

Anyone get the new fly tyer mag.. and if so have you checked out the realistic spider artical.. very nice, I'm tying one up right now.. headbang.gif

QUOTE (vices @ Feb 23 2005, 09:00 PM)
Anyone get the new fly tyer mag.. and if so have you checked out the realistic spider artical.. very nice,  I'm tying one up right now..  headbang.gif

I saw that, but seeing as I have Arachnophobia, I cant stand those pictures. baby.gif crying.gif

Just saw your fly, I have the chills now help.gif wallbash.gif

i think that is the old issue of fly tyer. With the woven hackle flies on the cover? The new new one comes out soon.

Those really are great articles. But I'll admit I am itimidated by some of that stuff. I'm still somewhere between and beginner leaning toward intermediate tyer. No way I am ready to try one of those spiders.

Besides, if I did tie one and it looked anything close to the picture, my wife would be calling my son. Whenever she sees a bug of any kind, she calls Kyle into the room and says "Be a boy, kill that". laugh.gif I'd be replacing crushed fly boxes all the time.

Ken S.

This is the newest issue i could get.. happy.gif But I was really impressed with the spider artical.. and yes its the one with the woven nymph on the cover, also very nice flies.. I didnt even bother to check the dates on the mag.. whistling1.gif overworked and underpaid.. I've been missing alot of these things lately.. cheers.gif

QUOTE (nedbm3 @ Feb 23 2005, 10:21 PM)
Is that the Eastern Fly Tyer magazine? I know their first issue was supposed to be in March. I never got that issue yet.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pennsylvaniaflyfishing/

I believe your think about "Eastern Fly Fishing" not "Eastern Fly Tyer" magazine.