Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
7Gunny

Hello from Western Virginia

Welcome to the site. Lots of forums here to learn from.

Noticing the horse in your avatar ... you can probably get some exchange materials for horse tail and mane hairs. Many of us are into the odd fiber or hair sample!

Welcome. You are at the right place with good company, lots of expertise and willingness to share.

Central VA and horses huh? Man, every time I go through there I see more acreage devoted to graperies/wineries. Except that is, in the hard-core horse country with the huge estates.

I will never forget a car ride west from Warrenton the weekend after Sept 11. The wife and I needed to get out of the house to dispel the gloom that was taking over so we headed out towards the mountains. Just after a rise in the road we came on a mounted US cavalry officer in full civil war regalia astride a magnificent horse with a US flag snapping on a guideon just sitting there. THAT was an awesome thing to do and he was on duty all day. Never thought to take a picture but I still see him clear as a bell and am moved again by the memory..

Enjoy it here,

Rocco