Fly Tying
flytire

Feb flies from the vise

Wholly smokes Kimo! Every time I see one of your flies, I like it more! Apologies if you have noted this here before, but do you do or have SBS video's on youtube or vimeo? Amazing man, just amazing!

Weighted Nymph, Olive
Combining ostrich here and CDC for legs.
No place to hide. Any imperfections really show up. smile.png

weighted_nymph.gif

Kimo

Wholly smokes Kimo! Every time I see one of your flies, I like it more! Apologies if you have noted this here before, but do you do or have SBS video's on youtube or vimeo? Amazing man, just amazing!

Weighted Nymph, Olive

Combining ostrich here and CDC for legs.

No place to hide. Any imperfections really show up. smile.png

Kimo

Here is a version of this fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VU9Z1XxZuo

Kimo

First attempt at a pike fly, always wanted to fish for pike but we don't really have them around here, so this one's bound for someone who can use it.

I would gladly test pilot that one when you need to see how it flies and fishes. Big bass would munch it, too, so you may want to hang on to it, and I would be very happy to twist up a few here if you have a sbs or recipe. Thanks for posting...

First attempt at a pike fly, always wanted to fish for pike but we don't really have them around here, so this one's bound for someone who can use it.

I would gladly test pilot that one when you need to see how it flies and fishes. Big bass would munch it, too, so you may want to hang on to it, and I would be very happy to twist up a few here if you have a sbs or recipe. Thanks for posting...
This one is going to Decisions, I could make another though and I was thinking big bass might like it too while I was tying this one

I'll list the materials in order i tied them on. Hook is a gamakatsu o'shaughnessy 3/0 Purple zonker a piece of hot pink zonker glued onto it for the tail, polar flash, palmered chartreuse marabou palmered purple marabou, silver flashabou chartreuse and orange craft fur reverse tied and brushed back. That ends the back section. I used a 35mm shank on the front palmered chartreuse and purple marabou again, black sili legs with chartreuse hot tips silver flashabou, 1/2 clear cure dumbell eyes reverse tied craft fur over them tied it down whip finished, then folded the craft fur back over the eyes and kinda glued it into shape with fletch tight.

This one is going to Decisions, I could make another though and I was thinking big bass might like it too while I was tying this one

I'll list the materials in order i tied them on. Hook is a gamakatsu o'shaughnessy 3/0 Purple zonker a piece of hot pink zonker glued onto it for the tail, polar flash, palmered chartreuse marabou palmered purple marabou, silver flashabou chartreuse and orange craft fur reverse tied and brushed back. That ends the back section. I used a 35mm shank on the front palmered chartreuse and purple marabou again, black sili legs with chartreuse hot tips silver flashabou, 1/2 clear cure dumbell eyes reverse tied craft fur over them tied it down whip finished, then folded the craft fur back over the eyes and kinda glued it into shape with fletch tight.

Excellent, I have everything needed to tie up some. Thanks for info

Excellent, I have everything needed to tie up some. Thanks for info

Thanks vicente! Looking forward to putting that to good use. Thanks for sharing teh recipe too. I actually think I have all that material.

Cheers, Ron...

Thanks Kimo!, As soon as I clicked on it I realized that I'd been watching many of your video's for years. Thanks for the amazing channel! It's awesome help!