Fly Tying
flytire

Feb flies from the vise

post-10077-0-55950100-1486250494_thumb.jpg

"flies" plus hardware- been making a lot of spinners in preparation for the upcoming seasons. When I decide to gear fish I do really well with these styles of lures. The Clouser Deep Minnow plus spinner is a killer for smallmouths and trout. The weighted eyes give the added benefit of preventing twist. Locally on the Susquehanna and other waters, spinners have fallen out of favor compared to soft plastics. Fine with me. I catch a LOT of fish with them. I take several extra steps to make them much higher quality than anything available in stores.

Red midge

midge.gif

Kimo

Nice work as always H...I love tying these as it tests me quite a bit lol

dflanagan, you need to tie that on a spin casting rod (preferably, a Mickey Mouse one) and have him fish that. Be sure you're helping, as that will likely draw a strike from the largest fish in the area.

attachicon.gifunnamed.jpg"flies" plus hardware- been making a lot of spinners in preparation for the upcoming seasons. When I decide to gear fish I do really well with these styles of lures. The Clouser Deep Minnow plus spinner is a killer for smallmouths and trout. The weighted eyes give the added benefit of preventing twist. Locally on the Susquehanna and other waters, spinners have fallen out of favor compared to soft plastics. Fine with me. I catch a LOT of fish with them. I take several extra steps to make them much higher quality than anything available in stores.

I have a friend in Spain that kills it with old school spinners. While everyone is chasing the latest fad in bassing, he has been fishing #2 Evia blue dotted silver spinners for years, and doing well.