Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

The Down Home Pride Swap

I'm in with an Oregon TBD. For those looking for a California pattern the Sierra Bright Dot was invented in the east side of the Sierra.

You're in Bob, welcome and thanks!

I will join in with a Lime Trude variant from my state. There are lots of versions of this. Lime has worked best form me. If the variance is OK I tie mine with a poly wing instead of calf tail.

I'm California as well trying to find a pattern from here, nor Cal for me.

There are enough choices for CA that I'd have a hard time deciding between them. Doug Prince, Ralph Cutter, Mike Mercer, Bob Quigley, Andy Burk, Buz Buszek, Tim Fox, Cal Bird, Andre Puyans, and Ted Fay (and Ted Towendolly) created and developed some of the more important CA patterns.

I'm in, I'll be doing Mack's Canyon, originator Doug Stewart back in the 1970's on the Mack Canyon stretch of the Deschutes here in Oregon.

I'd like in on this one if you have room. From Florida so likely no trout patterns but maybe I can find a bluegill pattern I like that was made here. If you guys have a resource for Florida flies please let me know

Idaho RC, RogueFlies, and wmw4, you guys are all in, thanks for joining!

To answer a couple of questions that were asked:

Idaho RC, variants are fine by me. I prefer synthetic wings on most of my dry flies anyway. :)

wmw4, any pattern tied for any species is fair game as long as it originated in your state -- Florida may not have trout patterns to its credit, but there must be hundreds of warmwater and (especially) saltwater patterns from there.

This swap is shaping up nicely!

Haha. Everyone is tying a trout fly... my thought was either a 'vgdc' (Voltzy's goldy destroyer crab fly) or a 'Dave's pink shrimp'.

Both are patterns for golden trevally and permit.

Enjoy boys and girls.

Pretty interesting going back and trying to research it. Can anyone confirm the panfish polecat was originated by Tom lentz who was a Floridian? That's what I'm leaning towards but not positive he came up with it. He's got other panfish flies that it says he came up with so i can pick one of those if this one doesn't work out