Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

8th Annual Opening Day Swap

got mine in the mail today I imagine it shouldn't take long to make the 45 minute journey.

Not long ... about 45 minutes.
That would require me hoping in my truck and driving them down there, not sure if Bob would appreciate a random stranger from the interwebs showing up at his door. Usps will probably send them to Nebraska who will send them to Georgia and then to LA.

If you show up at my house with flies, I'll overlook the time. You may have to bring flowers for my wife however.cool.png

jburge and I often have lunch, if you are driving down maybe the three of us could meet up someday. I think there are about 5 or 6 members that live within an hour of Sacramento.

got mine in the mail today I imagine it shouldn't take long to make the 45 minute journey.

That would require me hoping in my truck and driving them down there, not sure if Bob would appreciate a random stranger from the interwebs showing up at his door. Usps will probably send them to Nebraska who will send them to Georgia and then to LA.

If you show up at my house with flies, I'll overlook the time. You may have to bring flowers for my wife however.cool.png

jburge and I often have lunch, if you are driving down maybe the three of us could meet up someday. I think there are about 5 or 6 members that live within an hour of Sacramento.

I would be up for getting together for lunch sometime, I have the schedule of a small business owner, some weeks I have more free time then I want, and the next I'm working like crazy just trying to keep up.

I would be up for getting together for lunch sometime, I have the schedule of a small business owner, some weeks I have more free time then I want, and the next I'm working like crazy just trying to keep up.

Your flies arrived today, very nice.

Oh yea forgot to mention if you fish those sedgehogs you might want to give them a coating of gink or some other floatant, I don't have any so I couldn't do it before I shipped them out.

Picked up two great sets of flies from the mail box. djh262's Brassies and BassBugn's Dark Cahills. The selection this year, once again, should cover just about any opening day situation. If the rest get here early, I'll mail 'em back early.

Mine were dropped off today in the mail. Post Office said they will arrive in California Friday. I hope my flies do not disappoint everyone. Small stuff is a pain in the rear! LOL...Thanks for hosting have a great weekend!!!

Some great looking little flies arrived today from Mandog, I don't have a name for them. The rest are in the mail, except jburge's that I am going to pick up at lunch tomorrow.

Mogup's flies arrived yesterday and I picked up jburge's over sushi for lunch. Both sets are fish catchers for sure. One set left to arrive and it should be here in today's mail. I will sort over the weekend and have them in the mail Monday. Thanks to all for making my 8th Opening Day swap a success.

OK Gang,

I am on my way to the Post Office to mail back your set of flies. I think there is a fly for almost any opening day situation in the set. I am always amazed at the variety and quality of flies this swap generates every year. Thanks to all of you for joining up and for getting the flies here by the due date. May you all have a season of tight lines and heavy nets. I hope to see many of you back next year for the 9th Annual Opening Day Swap.

Tight Lines,

Bob