Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

Butte Ugly Swap-Register here-Open Feb 16

Thought I was in the early group but don't see my name so I'll take last spot. Prefer it stays at 12 but will tie some extras just in case. I am tying a version of the ugly nymph Smallie Hunter says is an "ugly killer" on trout. I know it will be gobbled by 'gills for sure.

Nick, you are in at #2 on list (I tried to fake you out, by calling you Co-host, since you have helped me so much, on Swap Stuff. and, I want one of your Spruce Fly Beast Killers). I feel I must keep this open to March 1, since that was posted original opening date. But, wish I could close it now, so I can keep more of Virtuoso patterns that will be coming, ( hate being greedy but will live with it, in this case)

Gretchen & Al (BT's) agreed to do a tribute fly for Chell (Panfish Attractor) but now I gotta trade them out for some of my work (win_win for me :) :0)

So, in conclusion (about time) if you want two spots in Swap, you got it (saw your work in V-Man's Favorittes today) but I now want Smallies ugly fly too). So, let me know if I can trick you into even more flies, ALL of us swappers gonna be very HAPPY.

BIG THANKS,

Kenduardo

It has been a long time since I joined a swap. I am in. Now I have to read the fine print and get the particulars.

Worked today but hopefully going fishing tomorrow I'll let you know how it goes.

Me like dem fishing stories, used to pay Outdoor Life for some, now just click on this forum. Two thumbs up...

3,spots left... Got some stunning Olive Buggers already. Thanks Vicente.

If I need to hire someone to tie some bonus flies for a future swap, I may talk to V first.

Al and Gretchen Beatty should have their Chell Panfish Attractors to me by about next Tuesday. They were great to work with, charged a completely reasonable price, and gave a nice discount because they like this forum too. I am exchanging some of my own patterns with them later. Win-Win-Win, especially for me.

Will update about Noon, Sunday.... Carry On....

3 spots left.

Will accept all who inform us that they wish to join, if done before 5pm MST, on Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I will make up any differences in count numbers for those who have already completed or shipped their sets.

Thanks to all,

Ken

I'm looking at something a little special for the couple extra flies if I tie them. I have my butt ugly beadheads done but I'm going to experiment with a version of "Sunfish pooping". Seems like so many I catch are either trailer a string or piss on ya'. Maybe that's trigger for predators.

Don't know anything about the Montana butte stuff but my butte ugly fly is tried and true and also has the right colors.

post-44758-0-66164900-1488170748_thumb.jpg

Don't know anything about the Montana butte stuff but my butte ugly fly is tried and true and also has the right colors.

Love it Saltyb, fish love it, keep twisting them up 4 gills out!

I'm looking at something a little special for the couple extra flies if I tie them. I have my butt ugly beadheads done but I'm going to experiment with a version of "Sunfish pooping". Seems like so many I catch are either trailer a string or piss on ya'. Maybe that's trigger for predators.

You are always welcome to experiment all you want, keep rolling them out. Just remember I gotta have 1 ButtebUgly Spruce, I know it is beautiful. Wild card for Me!

3,spots left... Got some stunning Olive Buggers already. Thanks Vicente.

If I need to hire someone to tie some bonus flies for a future swap, I may talk to V first.

Thank you, just let me know if you ever need extras if I'm not too busy I'll help out.

I need to learn to tie a fly invented by a friend of mine that he has caught a lot of fish with. I have a materials kit from him, but have never attempted to tie the fly, so my first attempts should qualify as ugly. He has a whole series of them and the series is called "Cereal Killer." I will have to check the name of this particular one. It's a bead head trout pattern and is olive in color. He calls it a streamer pattern. If you think that would qualify, then I'm in.

BB