Fly Tying
breambuster

Guide's Choice Fly Swap With A Twist

OK Guys, get out your microscope, a magnifying glass won't do it. Vicrider's assignment was to tie a CDC Sally and he tied them on what looks like a #32 hook, or smaller. I doubt that one strand of a spider's web would go through the hook eye. Just throw the fly on the water and PRETEND that there is a leader connecting it to your fly line.

Seriously, nice job, Vicrider. Thanks for the flies. You did a great job.

Take care

BB

RC Idaho's flies arrived today. That's 3 sets in so far. RC tied a #16 Gray Trude for us and I can just imagine the fish fighting over this one. Very nice, neat tie. Thanks, RC, for a job well done. And thanks for the extras! I really appreciate it.

Take care

BB

Thank you for hosting. I really enjoy the swaps. I love it when files show up. It's a joy to open the package and admire everyone's ties. Very talented people here.

I need to get a little more out of my comfort zone. How about a trout swap you sign up for and have the pattern assigned after you sign up? That ought to force me outside of my comfort zone.

Idaho RC, want me to send some short shank #24s I just picked up. You can tie a fly with the BIG hook gap of a #24 but on the short shank it looks like a 26 or 28. That'll take you into a whole new "zone".

Ok guys,

I have been having some hook issues. I am hoping they will be in my hands tomorrow.

I am setting Sunday aside to get mine tied up.

Cheers, Ron...

Idaho RC, want me to send some short shank #24s I just picked up. You can tie a fly with the BIG hook gap of a #24 but on the short shank it looks like a 26 or 28. That'll take you into a whole new "zone".

Please send eye transplants, Can barely see em, cannot control thread wraps, your talent is too much...

Geez that's awful small. But I do like tying small flies but that's a whole new level...

RC Idaho's flies arrived today. That's 3 sets in so far. RC tied a #16 Gray Trude for us and I can just imagine the fish fighting over this one. Very nice, neat tie. Thanks, RC, for a job well done. And thanks for the extras! I really appreciate it.

Take care

BB

If there is any chance you can post up a pic of Idaho RC, I would like to see it. I love tying trudes and for bonus set was thinking a Silver Trude but would like to make sure it varies a bit, as you suggested in an earlier post. Setting about work on my Fran Betters classic today... I willmstay tuned on this thread.

Take care

BB

If there is any chance you can post up a pic of Idaho RC, I would like to see it. I love tying trudes and for bonus set was thinking a Silver Trude but would like to make sure it varies a bit, as you suggested in an earlier post. Setting about work on my Fran Betters classic today... I willmstay tuned on this thread.

I am to lazy to use calf tail I used poly for the wing. If you use calf tail just tie them up. The will look quite a bit different.

Take care

BB

I am to lazy to use calf tail I used poly for the wing. If you use calf tail just tie them up. The will look quite a bit different.

I hate calf tail, giving all my kips to vicrider on Butte Ugly Turnaround. Sorry. Maybe I will go Rio Grande King Trude...

FRN, I apologize for being so long is replying. I am up to my EARS in work right now and will be for the next 3 or 4 weeks. It's an extremely busy time for me. I don't mind posting the pictures at all. I'm happy to do it. It's just finding the time to do it. But here are some pictures of the flies we have received so far. I'll start off with RC Idaho's Gray Trude.

post-747-0-54567500-1490369169_thumb.jpg

Next we have Vicrider's fly.

post-747-0-95325100-1490369259_thumb.jpg

And then we have GP's 2 flies. I hope I pick the right ones, because the images are so small.

post-747-0-35395000-1490369415_thumb.jpg

post-747-0-49112200-1490369478_thumb.jpg

Take care

BB