Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

... ate a sandwich, picked up my fly rod and made a long cast to no particular place and instantly hooked up with a nice rainbow biggrin.png I brought it in, released it, put my rod back in the holder, and paddled away.

Smart ... show those suckers how a "real" angler catches a fish, then leave them wondering how you did it.

Reminds me of my first time shooting clays. Cousin hands me his shotgun, I call, "Pull" and expertly powderize that clay pigeon like I'd been doing it all my life. As I am handing the shotgun back, I am bragging, "After spending time with an M-16, this is too easy." I should have insisted and walked away.

Instead, he says, "No, go on and shoot some more." And me, being the cocky, young, freshly minted Marine, says, "Sure, love to!"

I didn't hit another freakin' thing !!! Gave up after about 10 or so attempts.

... ate a sandwich, picked up my fly rod and made a long cast to no particular place and instantly hooked up with a nice rainbow biggrin.png I brought it in, released it, put my rod back in the holder, and paddled away.

Smart ... show those suckers how a "real" angler catches a fish, then leave them wondering how you did it.

Reminds me of my first time shooting clays. Cousin hands me his shotgun, I call, "Pull" and expertly powderize that clay pigeon like I'd been doing it all my life. As I am handing the shotgun back, I am bragging, "After spending time with an M-16, this is too easy." I should have insisted and walked away.

Instead, he says, "No, go on and shoot some more." And me, being the cocky, young, freshly minted Marine, says, "Sure, love to!"

I didn't hit another freakin' thing !!! Gave up after about 10 or so attempts.

Your cousin played you.. he loaded that thing with bird shot for the first round, then stuck in buckshot for the next 10! Hahaha A trick I've used for messing with friends in the past

Your cousin played you.. he loaded that thing with bird shot for the first round, then stuck in buckshot for the next 10! Hahaha A trick I've used for messing with friends in the past

Possible. However, I'll blame myself, rather than them. They would've fessed up later, if they'd pulled a "fast one" on me. We used to hang out often enough. A prank like that is not nearly as fun if the rube never finds out about it.

My first shot was beginner's luck, is all.

I've only had one first cast this year and nothing. In fact I had nothing from 1 to 100 casts. I don't think that's changing this week.

post-48414-0-61561700-1489497496_thumb.jpeg

Possible. However, I'll blame myself, rather than them. They would've fessed up later, if they'd pulled a "fast one" on me. We used to hang out often enough. A prank like that is not nearly as fun if the rube never finds out about it.

My first shot was beginner's luck, is all.

Lol ok, just reminds me of how me and my vids are that's all... haha

Poopdeck, I am hurting with you here in frozen tundra land. Made one 2017 cast, of my Musky fly swap-prototype with an 8 wgt. Flew well and face planted in a 3 foot drift. But the orange contrast with the white glare was nice.

This snow is almost gone now, we may have ice off some ponds before end of week.