Fly Tying
caloosa bug

(No fly zone) Non fly caught fish pictures

Lol. Maybe it was the angle. Maybe it was over 4. He was thick and healthy. But definitely not a 5. I don’t think. πŸ§πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ‹πŸ˜

But then again, I’ve gotten used to hefting average bass with my tiny arms. πŸ˜‰

FE77EBA2-9CEA-479E-B330-709D869040C3.jpeg

12 hours ago, niveker said:

Wow, Caloosa bug, you are right. You sure do have some tiny arms!

And little fingers, like a T-Rex. 😁

I got a new toy Thursday, and have been anxious to get some fishing footage. A nonΒ go pro action cam.Β I like it already, especially Β watching the little snook hit a topwater plug.
Planned on taking the boat out this afternoon, but thunderstorms convinced me to wait till morning.Β 

Decided to start up carp fishing again for a change and landed this 24lb a few weeks ago. I blanked my other two trips but the river is really low so they might be hanging out somewhere else, however, this isn't a snaggy spot so fishing the bottom is pretty easy.Β 

Β 

20200821_153043.jpg

20200821_112249.jpg

On 7/16/2020 at 1:00 PM, Mark Knapp said:

I think that depends more on where they are caught than how they are cooked.

A janitor at my college said carp fed his family through the depression. They would catch them and put them in a spring fed horse trough for 10-14 days to get the "mud" taste out. He also said it was necessary to clean out what he called the mud vein along the back. Carp are eaten around the holidays in Eastern Europe. A friend from South Africa said they make fish cakes out of carp.

If you've ever had Gefilte fish, you've probably had Carp.Β  We used to eat ones that were 2 pounds or less.Β  The big ones were less palatable, but the little ones taste like they'd been basted in butter.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:59 AM, Iroc_Jeff said:

Decided to start up carp fishing again for a change and landed this 24lb a few weeks ago.Β 

That’s a chunk!

On 9/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, skeet3t said:

They would catch them and put them in a spring fed horse trough for 10-14 days to get the "mud" taste out.Β 

Brilliant! That’s pretty cool.Β 
Β 

2nd trip from the bank with my new camera. I haven’t done anything with the footage on a computer yet. Looks like I need to start. Resolution exporting to my phone for editingΒ is only 780p. Shot in supposed 4K. The dusk lighting didn’t help much either.

After tossing a popper a few times, I missedΒ one on the first cast with a plug. Then hookedΒ up to another πŸ‘‰β€œsmallβ€πŸ‘ˆ snook a couple casts later. Lol. Β Small is anything under the minimum slot sizeΒ of 28in. 😎

On 9/8/2020 at 11:24 PM, caloosa bug said:

That’s a chunk!

Yeah it was, until yesterday... lol

The first fish with the pot belly is 32lbs while the second is 33.5lbs roughly.Β 

20200911_155647.jpg

20200911_182410.jpg

Had fun yesterday bouncing between my snook spots and schooling sunshine bass. Caught a small snook and got stuck following schools of bass. EndedΒ up landing 6 and missing many more. I left twice to huntΒ snook elsewhere.Β Then came right back to enjoy some action.Β I could have downsized the plug butΒ they weren’t the main target.Β  In one clip, where I’m blocking the lure, I missed 4 fish in one cast. Β 

EB6CE0F7-2F98-4578-946A-21B17BC525E2.jpeg