Fly Tying
caloosa bug

(No fly zone) Non fly caught fish pictures

Nice crawdad knotjoe!

Final day of snook season. What a better way to end it, than being able to cull slot sized fish. Then catch a few small ones on fly.

97D97D05-6841-4ABD-9AE1-4AC530913689.jpeg

I didn't have the volume up, so I probably missed all the hootin' and hollerin'.

Well, I'm assuming you're reacting like I would with a big un like that on the line.

Thanks guys. 
Mike, I didn’t have any sound to the video. Actually wouldn’t have heard anything anyway. I’m not the hooting and hollering type. 😁

That is a thought. I’m just getting into it, and learning the editing side. 

Monday means the end of my 2 week vacation. ☹️. With snook season over, it’s time hunt for specks. I’ve been enjoying success in the river so much that it’s been maybe 6 months since I was out on okeechobee. Boy was it a nice day. Overcast and comfortable. Didn’t get a bunch, but the bass, catfish, and specks kept me busy all day. 9 big specks went to the parents for dinner. Still working on some video.

40D48F55-49F1-4826-A65A-F4A43E6392BA.jpeg

C72CC8C6-4C89-4152-A768-3886164D4CFD.jpeg

408B0476-7126-479A-AB18-69F3CC4C8CE1.jpeg

81C9F7DD-AEAF-4DE3-A365-A22DBAC5F288.jpeg

E5214BF4-2CC6-4C26-885A-4BC94E6AEFC9.jpeg

B43371C2-968A-47F4-A057-51562CC82534.jpeg

These are old pictures haven't done that much salt water fishing the last few years but these bring back some memories and I'm not sure I could handle the 20, 30, 50 and 80 lb trolling rods these days.. well maybe the 20lb rod and reel.

Mako teeth (2).jpg

Dusky_Brown.jpg

Bluefish in a box.jpg

Sometimes you have to put down the Fly Rod & grab the surf rod.......I've been busy in New England chasing the Striper migration.....caught this    30"   on a Diawa  SP Minnow.  Didn't want to come ashore to meet me...so he picked up some sand but when it came time to release him I waded knee deep & took my time reviving him  & me  before I sent him off to swim down  south. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_de7.thumb.jpg.e132eda6e53e11a265d4f9f05aea7079.jpg

Wow, I'm surprised they are still up in the New England area. They've been plentiful in NJ this December, or so I hear. Family Illness has kept me home for the last month.  Nice catch!

Cool shots Philly!  I’ve caught a few bluefish on the coast, but never kept any to eat. Do you bleed em and smoke em? 

Flygirl, I love the pic! Dirt and all!  That’s one fish I’ve never seen outside of an aquarium. The head and girth of that fish is huge. 🐖 Maybe one day I’ll get up that way at the right time. Thanks for sharing

The day didn’t start off very good. When launching the boat this morning, found out the cranking battery was week and no go. On the verge of just going home,  I decided to launch elsewhere. Another ramp 5 minutes away that was within trolling motor distance to a bridge. 
First minnow in the water brought up a keeper speck. Ended up bringing home 17 over the 10” minimum size limit. Average size out on the lake would have been bigger, but a great day nonetheless. And even made it home by lunch.

76177B58-64DC-41BD-987B-0711FA8908F4.jpeg

$138 AcademySports.   Wouldn’t go anywhere without it.     Jumps off multiple vehicles on one charge.   Put in gallon freezer bag in truck, bayboat, duckboat.  Nice bunch of crappie!     Careful around here showing “ grotesque display of dead fish”.  Offends some peps...😝

42771C92-783C-467C-980B-D9507AFD92B7.png

Edited by Guest
It may have been an offensive word.