Fly Tying
caloosa bug

(No fly zone) Non fly caught fish pictures

Nice. Ive had a lot of luck on Long As. Another one I really like for big jettie snook is the Windcheater. I prefer the 5 inch model. It used tone made by Rebel but I think they were bought out by whoever makes Bombers since thats the name they are branded under now

biggest surf perch I've caught yet and a little striper both took a bait fish fly I tied up after seeing the contents a surf perches stomach. The striper is the first thing I've caught out of the surf that wasn't a perch

post-58401-0-39698700-1522176612_thumb.jpg

post-58401-0-74808700-1522176627_thumb.jpg

Good job Vicente. It's nice to see some west coast variety. A double plus that they were caught on a fly that you made to " match the hatch". Are you casting them under a float? Or some sort of dropper rig?

I landed this little guy the other night. I carefully released it, then proceeded to lose 5 others. A few of which would have been in the keeper slot size. It's time to sharpen the hooks on my ol trusty plug.

post-59266-0-82593600-1522204543_thumb.jpg

I was fishing em with a 2 ounce weight on slider using a barrel swivel and about a 3.5 ft leader I used a thingamabobber below the hook at the end of the leader rigged with a gulp sandworm, the fly was about a ft and a half down from that on a 12 inch leader.

The beach where we go on vacation every year had changed quite a bit the last couple of years for the better as far as the fishing is concerned imo, much less rough than it used to be. Next year I plan to try with my 8 wt.

Pulled these two Chobee studs in on a 10" worm. Caught a bunch of big bluegill and little bass on fly also. It was a great day with great company.

post-59266-0-90915000-1522596125_thumb.jpg

Man that was a blast!Damn near fell across the length of the boat trying to get to the net!

I love slamming those dinner plate size gills on topwater flies.Aint nothing better!

Put and take stocked trout pond.

4/7/18

20 deg F at 545 am, ice on edges/eyelets/line, 4 rainbows on tied trebles/slip bobber/spin gear/minnows.

(limit 5)

the weather kept away 20% opening morning here near ohare, should be better for the fly rod

during the week when the crowd is gone.

post-61737-0-89280800-1523127561_thumb.jpg

post-61737-0-18257900-1523127573_thumb.jpg

Some urban angling today with my oldest. Who normally doesn't want to go..

He is still reminding me now, 5 hours later, that he caught 14 fish and a turtle.. to the 2 I caught.. 😊

post-59266-0-97610800-1529194332_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-20904400-1529194347_thumb.jpg

Good looking fish!Gotta get the girl into when she's old enough!

I heard from Richmc today !!! I was thinking of him, wondering if he'd fallen off the planet.

Nope, he's still going strong. I guess he's still not able to get in here to post anything. Also can't view pictures.

But, he can take 'em.

Here's one of his messages to me.

"Fished the south pond with 2 grandsons. They got almost 50 bass in 3 hours. They are 8 and 10 yrs old.

rich"

Rich McElligot grandkids.jpg