Fly Tying
MouseManiac

Asheville, NC Area Opportunities

I've been tentatively planning a trip to NC for the last year or so to chase some more carp on cicadas. Anyone from that area that give me some tips on good fishing the hatch? I am looking at coming down the week of June 5 for a few days. I would like to find a nice lake loaded with carp cruising the banks looking for cicadas. I also wouldn't mind a day of chasing trout on cicadas if they are keyed in on them as well. I am down for river options as well. I know the French Broad runs through there. I don't know what the carp population is like in that river though. Any information is appreciated, along with how the hatch is and if the fish are focused on them where you are.

I fished the head water of the French broad A LOT as a kid (right where the Pigeon meets it).Then,15 years ago,there was a massive carp population.I'm sure it hasn't changed any given the water quality is and has been healthy for quite a while.I never had good luck on any carp in the broad on flies though.I had pretty good luck with worms though.

You should be good,man.I was still semi new to fly fishing then