Fly Tying
islander727

Snook Flies Swap

Scaled Sardine (Harengula Jaguana).

Got em yesterday. Got one wet this morning. They look really good! Unfortunately, the fish wanted a size smaller. That pattern will definitely produce once they want the bigger bait!

Ah man caloosa, that's sick. I got my heart pumping just being in the boat heading through the channel. So many trips I've been on that started like that channel ended up awesome. What powerful fish those were once they realized they had a hook in their mouth and some guy pulling on them. Closest I've had to that is BIG bass easing up opening their huge maws or northern/musky swimming up behind a big streamer and chomping down in plain sight. Would love to have a shot at those fish, though every time I've stood up in a canoe I've gotten wet.

I hear you vicrider. They have been a favorite game fish of mine ever since I was a pre-teen. My first encounter was bass fishing with a crankbait with 12lb test. When the 33 incher surfaced my knees began to quiver. After a frantic battle boat side, dad finally was able to bring it aboard and I couldn't stop shaking. Since that day, the snook fever never went away.

I have yet to land one on fly, or even target them with a fly rod. I just got my first fly reel with a drag this week, and with the help of this swap, maybe that will change.

Mail man picked up mine today, and islander, you should see them Monday. I hope they are acceptable. If not, I sent some freshwater flies that I know will work. Thanks for hosting.

Mine hit mail today. Only got enough tied for swap so none for pictures 'til I tie a few for myself.

Mine hit mail today. Only got enough tied for swap so none for pictures 'til I tie a few for myself.

Oh wow! Those are nice!

Thanks.

Made a few extras for the fly box after trying them on bass.

post-47446-0-50865100-1500075707_thumb.jpg

Also, apparently the PO lost mine so I re-sent mine today. Since I live 2.5 hours away should get there well before the deadline...

I also have yet to get a snook on fly and hoping that these flies change that!

Also, apparently the PO lost mine so I re-sent mine today. Since I live 2.5 hours away should get there well before the deadline...

I also have yet to get a snook on fly and hoping that these flies change that!

Lame.

I'll keep an eye our for them. If they do arrive, I'll send them back to you.