Fly Tying
Joe Hard

Fly order

A few weeks back a buddy told me he knew someone that wanted a few flies tied up. Last week I got the flies and after a few warm tapwater baths preening and trying to figure out what the mangled flies were I called the guy up,( I was on my tenth beer) so what deal or what happened did not exist as I forgot what he said. I tied up one of each to use as examples for the guy. He called today and said he wanted five of each, exactaly the way they were, (you should see them, mangled) I said to meet me tomorow, we agreed and he told me that he wanted to pay me with Bolgna. laugh.gif

What should I do?

Depends, what kind of bologna is it? laugh.gif

No, I'd tell him it's $$$$ only. Unless he has something else he wants to trade.

QUOTE (daryn smith @ Mar 2 2005, 06:02 PM)
What should I do?

Quit making phone calls after drinking beer. wink.gif laugh.gif

Well, that all depends on what you said on the phone. I'd be more concerned with why he thinks you'd like a big slab of bologna. laugh.gif

Maybe this guy has a friend who works the meat isle at the grocery store, was used to trading one of his mangled flies for a piece of bologna, now figures if he can get you to tie 5 nicer flies per piece, he can quit tying, keep a few fly’s and all three of you get to enjoy a fine bologna dinner. Who knows, it’s rather an amusing story, I’m still laughing.

Graham

LMFAO you guys have me rolling on the floor on this one, flytyer1 has a good point, be real careful daryn. hehehehe you guys are nuts, Bud

An Irishman, a Mexican and a redneck were doing construction work on the scaffolding of a tall building. They were eating lunch. The Irishman said, "Corned beef and cabbage! If I get corned beef and cabbage one more time for lunch, I'm going to jump off this building."

The Mexican opened his lunch box and exclaimed, "Burritos again! If I get burritos one more time, I'm going to jump off too." The redneck opened his lunch and said, "Bologna again. If I get a bologna sandwich one more time, I'm jumping too."

Next day the Irishman opens his lunch box, sees corned beef and cabbage and jumps to his death. The Mexican opens his lunch, sees a burrito and jumps too. The redneck opens his lunch, sees the bologna and jumps to his death as well.

At the funeral, the Irishman's wife is weeping. She says, "I I'd known how really tired he was of corned beef and cabbage, I never would have given it to him again!" The Mexican's wife also weeps and says, "I could have given him tacos or enchiladas! I didn't realize he hated burritos so much."

Everyone turned and stared at the redneck's wife. "Hey, don't look at me," she said. "He makes his own lunch."