Fly Tying
vicrider

Any snake ID out there?

LOL ... I got a kick out of this, Joel.

"... I have no F-ing idea why so many people have the attitude toward them that they do."

It just so happens, this topic is playing out on another site I visit.

Seems there's still a LOT of people who equate snakes with the garden of Eden "serpent".

Exactly!

Sneaky little things, convinced Eve to eat healthy, and human kind was doomed.

So get this. I have heard some folks think that the "serpent" was actually a monitor lizard. God cursed it to drag its belly and if you've ever seen a monitor lizard walk, it's belly hangs down usually and leaves a drag mark.

If you're going to believe the fairy tale of Eden ... then there's no reason to believe the "serpent" was a modern-day reptilian at all.

Since it was "cursed" AFTER the deed with Eve ... then it's form previous to that could've been anything. I mean, it SPOKE and convinced Eve ...

Did ALL the animals speak there?

To "blame" ANY animal for the stories of the bible ... is like blaming NASA for the fall of the Jedi !!!

Lets keep the Atheist stuff out of it Mike. No one insulted Atheist for not believing in anything so no need to insult others by calling their beliefs a fairy tale.

Carry on.