Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

By the way that is incredible, did you build that yourself or have it custom built?

I am an amateur wood worker and appreciate that!

Thanks!

I bought the fish pulls at a local shop that just sells cabinetry hardware. Outside Boston, happy to share details if that's close to you. otherwise, should be a similar store near you that mainly focuses upon selling to the trade. It was a special order that took around 6 weeks to arrive.

Woodwork was done by a local cabinet maker. I'm also an amateur - this was beyond my ability and available time. I also didn't have access to the raw materials - it's Walnut which is tough to find in decent sized clean boards in my area.

Mine looks like this only a few times a month, on the cleanup day immediately following the latest tying spree.

Bryon that is very nice and organized!

Thanks Mike, only about a hundred Canadian dollars each!

Might have to take up whittling?

For the record, I paid a small fraction of what those were priced at. I'd check a local cabinet / kitchen store.

Old pics but it hasn't changed much. The tool box is a travel kit that holds so many items I commonly use, it usually comes out any time I tie. The plastic tubs and desks drawers hold bulk materials. The 4-drawer wooden cabinet is really another travel kit with old, vintage tools and materials. The small parts bin cabinet has bulk spooled materials. No one would believe the stuff crammed into the other end of this itty-bitty room (in a somewhat organized manner). I don't have enough room to get a good wide angle shot!

post-34209-0-32584100-1521985188_thumb.jpg

post-34209-0-82832200-1521985205_thumb.jpg