Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

Mark,

Love the microscope Thinking of putting an old dental microscope in my unit

Meeshka, that's for my engraving. One side of my very small room is for fly tying and the other is where I engrave my knives. I'm thinking of tying some size 32 flies in the stereoscope for fun. First I have to find some size 32 hooks. I have 26's and 30's, might just use them.

I won't say nothing, Mark. Artwork, music and other personally created items ... mankind is, indeed, inventive and creative.

But ...

Buildings have no interest from me. We should've learned, centuries ago, to build underground with nothing but entrances above.

Wow.

Give that a shot with the available tech from centuries ago and you'll find out why it's vastly preferable to build up rather than down.

We should've learned, centuries ago, to build underground with nothing but entrances above.

Wow.

Give that a shot with the available tech from centuries ago and you'll find out why it's vastly preferable to build up rather than down.

It's not "preferable" to build up ... just easier. I'm not going to hijack the thread any further. Wrong place to have this discussion.

We should've learned, centuries ago, to build underground with nothing but entrances above.

Wow.

It's not "preferable" to build up ... just easier. I'm not going to hijack the thread any further. Wrong place to have this discussion.

And yet you, the moderator, started the discussion, participated in it repeatedly, and now shut it down after the "last" word - for I'm sure these of mine will be gone in mere minutes.

You can't make a reply like that one and still retain the respect that makes it possible to be an effective moderator. You need to learn some wisdom sonny. Now delete this post with no hard feelings from me - the lecture was for you, no one else.

I didn't say I was shutting anything down. Just said I wasn't going to continue the discussion here.

Read into it what you want.

Mark,

Your post a page back, in the picture where you mention the wreath, to the left is a metal(?) frame with spools on it. Where did that come from?

Thanks

Hardyrod, yes it is but I'm sorry I can't tell you how to get one. It was from an estate I bought out. I see lots of wooden and plastic ones on eBay

Mark,

Your post a page back, in the picture where you mention the wreath, to the left is a metal(?) frame with spools on it. Where did that come from?

Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-25-Spool-Bobbin-Thread-Rack-Metal-Sewing-Machine-Hanging/142833594087?hash=item21418baee7:g:YR0AAOSws-tbIvoZ

Several on ebay

Hi everyone.

It's been forever since I posted anything here...been busy and finally retired last month! The local rivers are trembling in fear...at least in my mind.

Here's my bench and matching storage cabinet. Both were built by me out of cherry. The work surface folds up into the desk when not in use...making for a clean (and wife-pleasing) area.

post-33039-0-29112600-1551467375_thumb.jpg

post-33039-0-17209200-1551467391_thumb.jpg

post-33039-0-52602200-1551467412_thumb.jpg

Not what I would deem a "distracting view".

No offence taken, 500 year old buildings are a right pain to have to look at and don't get me started on thatched cottages.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. huh.png

In my opinion, nothing built by man is worth looking at. Those 500 year old buildings, thatched roofs, the Pyramids, etc. ... all just blisters on the landscape.

Maybe this will help! wink.png

article-2408583-1B92B6A3000005DC-806_634

I'm having a similar experience, moving from the West coast to the South. I've learned for instance that "Have a nice day" in southern actually means "Go f#@$ yourself." And the bigger the smile, the more it's truly meant.