Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

Nice! She looks totally casual like "Oh Ya I play with Brian all the time"  She is building some good memories for sure.

OK now to show my "bench". This is my Fly tying, Music, Ham radio area. I keep fly tying supplies in the drawers and tie at the "tower" I made on the right side. I like to tie standing up so thats what I came up with for now. I can stand and tie at the window and still see my boys outside having fun. Good times!

DSC_0090.jpeg

DSC_0088.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Pbass said:

OK now to show my "bench". This is my Fly tying, Music, Ham radio area. I keep fly tying supplies in the drawers and tie at the "tower" I made on the right side. I like to tie standing up so thats what I came up with for now. I can stand and tie at the window and still see my boys outside having fun. Good times!

That looks beyond amazing. I love music, but suck at creating it. My older brother inherited all of the music genes and I guess there were none leftover, ha ha. Have total respect for musicians though as a result. Looks like a very comfortable set-up and great you can watch over the kids as well.

4 minutes ago, jamieofthenorth said:

That looks beyond amazing. I love music, but suck at creating it. My older brother inherited all of the music genes and I guess there were none leftover, ha ha. Have total respect for musicians though as a result. Looks like a very comfortable set-up and great you can watch over the kids as well.

Yes, truly a blessing. My Older brother would tell you the same thing about me as you said about yours.  As a kid I just could not put my guitar down. You know its never too late to start playing something!!  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Pbass said:

OK now to show my "bench".

Nice man, what year fender and Gibson?

18 minutes ago, bdngrd said:

More of a mood photo

All class, love it and a Purdy cocktail to boot.

I have been drinking from a 20 oz tiki glass every weekend all summer, now my blender leaks.

17 minutes ago, xterrabill said:

Nice man, what year fender and Gibson?

The fender is an early 2000s American P  and the Gibson is about a 2010 made in Nashville. I can't remember exactly when I purchased it new. It has the push/pull knob to split the coil so you can choose from single coil or double coil hum buckers. If you have never seen that Mesa Boogie amp in the photo you should check them out. All tube goodness with a 10 watt and 25 watt setting. I am so glad the 4x12 cab days are over. Small amps and in ear monitors are much better for me.

56 minutes ago, bdngrd said:

More of a mood photo of how my bench looks tonight.

IMG_1537-2.JPG

Nice! looks like a relaxing space.

8 minutes ago, Pbass said:

I am so glad the 4x12 cab days are over

Even those little MESA'S can be a slightly loud, nice axe's ya got there too.

If your curious to what I have I will talk about it in private, there is more then what was pictured, majority vintage.

1 hour ago, bdngrd said:

Tonight it is spruce moths and manhattans!

Miller and scuds here tonight.

10 minutes ago, xterrabill said:

If your curious to what I have I will talk about it in private

I would really enjoy that. Send me a message when you have time!

On 7/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, DFoster said:

Here's a recent photo of mine- I added a taller stem to the vise and the profile plate is fairly new.  I hunting for a nice flat file cabinet that won't require me to skip a mortgage payment. My current materials box which you can't see in the photo is maxed.  IMG_6202.thumb.JPG.eddfb59dbc901db4b81733e957851a24.JPG

Would you mind sharing where you got your desk from? I know a guy who is looking to setup his tying test in his living room and wants a desk that looks appropriate and still functions well.  Your setup is something he wants to explore.  I also like your framed art as well.  Thats a nice looking tying space.  Thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, bocianka1 said:

Would you mind sharing where you got your desk from? I know a guy who is looking to setup his tying test in his living room and wants a desk that looks appropriate and still functions well.  Your setup is something he wants to explore.  I also like your framed art as well.  Thats a nice looking tying space.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your kind words.  10 years ago my wife and I were poking around at a local chain here in the Northeast called “Christmas Tree shops”.  They’re known as a discount store and their stock changes often.  I needed a a desk but that was the last place I thought I would find one.  They were selling them unassembled for $129.  We bought 2. My tying area shares my wife’s office and because shes a professional interior decorator I was told our desk needed to match- lol. They are exceptional quality considering the price and surprisingly after 10 years of daily use no problems. Here is the contact info for the company.  I hope they are still around. 

1DC2B050-AF04-4B80-A29B-1A6578DD8ADC.jpeg

847DAE32-01DC-4937-BC4D-6CCC68062102.jpeg

23CBA889-CA1F-4980-8940-0F0381C8996E.jpeg

Glad to see this thread pop back up. It's one of my favorites on my site. Love seeing everyone else's set ups and I think many others do as well. Please post a pic if you haven't already!