Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

14 hours ago, jamieofthenorth said:

Glad to see this thread pop back up. It's one of my favorites on my site. Love seeing everyone else's set ups and I think many others do as well. Please post a pic if you haven't already!

Same here-  Check out the “My fly bench” tour videos Tyers post on YouTube.  Everything thing from tying stations that set in your lap all the way to entire rooms built around a vise.  

On 2/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, bocianka1 said:

I also like your framed art as well.  Thats a nice looking tying space.  Thanks for sharing.

The fly art work are illustrations from an old book called "Blacker's the Art of Fly Making" available for free on line.  The link is below.  I simply printed some of the plates on our printer at the office and matted and framed them.  The mat and frames came from Michael's-

The dockside artwork is actually a real drawing I bought from a street artist in Portland Maine.  It's amazing to me that guy drew that scene with pencils.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35752

1.jpg.0d61b818e0c6cff0e937e104aaf24150.jpg

2.jpg.ac7898c8bb5485008add07344da64282.jpg

On 2/21/2019 at 4:10 PM, mikemac1 said:

Not the tidiest part of the house

post-54233-0-19706600-1550786872_thumb.jpg

post-54233-0-29349000-1550786936_thumb.jpg

post-54233-0-79489200-1550786962_thumb.jpg

post-54233-0-68091800-1550786988_thumb.jpg

Hi MikeMac! Nice storage system you've worked out. What vise are you tying on? I first thought it was a peak, but then I knew it wasn't!

Dyna King Barracuda Indexer.  Had it since the late 1990s.  

Re the storage system.  Since I have the room to myself, I really needed things organized. You accumulate a lot of stuff in 60+ years of tying.

On 12/28/2017 at 10:53 AM, Guest said:

Here's mine in a corner of my basement

post-58-0-24300300-1514479954_thumb.jpg

post-58-0-66739500-1514479981_thumb.jpg

Hi Guest! You have more stuff than most fly shops! It would be nice for you to join us so we could get to know you and enjoy your posts more!

You apparently like, use and enjoy tying more than most of us anyway! Many tight lines! Be safe and stay warm!

On 2/7/2021 at 8:18 PM, danthebugman said:

Nothing extravagant, but gets the job done. Everything packs away into some shoe boxes which makes it easy to store.

20210207_214129.jpg

I see a problem with this system. If you are like me, you will accumulate tying materials faster than shoes. 

2 hours ago, Jaydub said:

I see a problem with this system. If you are like me, you will accumulate tying materials faster than shoes. 

Ain't that the truth...! 🤣🤣🤣

22 hours ago, Charlie1947 said:

Hi Guest! You have more stuff than most fly shops! It would be nice for you to join us so we could get to know you and enjoy your posts more!

You apparently like, use and enjoy tying more than most of us anyway! Many tight lines! Be safe and stay warm!

Charlie,  I posted those pictures back in 2017.  I'm still on the forum under the name dave .  I somehow lost all my old posts when the site went down so had to re-join and sort of started over.  Will is going to try to re-connect me with all of my old posts (over 1000 posts as I recall) but hasn't got to it yet.

On 2/12/2021 at 3:27 PM, Jaydub said:

🤣 There is a surprising amount of room in a shoe box.  Although recently I bought some more pheasant tails and had to chop them in half to get them to fit.  Most things don't take up a lot of room.

1 hour ago, danthebugman said:

🤣 There is a surprising amount of room in a shoe box.  Although recently I bought some more pheasant tails and had to chop them in half to get them to fit.  Most things don't take up a lot of room.

I've got size 13's and lost out on that race a LONG time ago!!

Kim

On 2/13/2021 at 10:58 AM, dave said:

Charlie,  I posted those pictures back in 2017.  I'm still on the forum under the name dave .  I somehow lost all my old posts when the site went down so had to re-join and sort of started over.  Will is going to try to re-connect me with all of my old posts (over 1000 posts as I recall) but hasn't got to it yet.

Dave that's awesome! Sorry, I hadn't made the connection! I started tying 16 yrs ago when my wife had a very rare and aggressive cancer! Tying kept me sane and got me through her terrible illness. I did lose her, but again Tying got me through it! Then a few years ago my health went very far south, I sold all my fly gear including tying stuff! Now I'm just getting back into both fishing and tying! I have most of my fishing stuff, now I'm trying to get all my tying stuff back! I guess that's why I envy all your tying materials and tying area! I decided even if I can't fish I can tie! I NEED that so much! Dave many tight lines! Stay warm and safe! Btw, where is your Home Waters?