Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

Holy bad veggie's, I take a break from this site for a while and all of a sudden 23 emails...I thought you guys missed me or something but nah you just turned my thread into anti kale rant, hooray!!! I hate that s**t LOL! if its green, somethings wrong with it, chances are I wont eat it.

Seriously though its great to see you guys in good spirits, I don't mind the thread hi jack at all, have fun! I miss you guys and tying, hope to be back at it next month.

Bill 

16 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

Because it's her job to boss you around and just spoil the grand kids.

Your so right, she went skiing with the grand kids last week and I got to stay home and tie flies uninterrupted in a quiet house.    The real highlight though was getting to leave the toilet seat up all week!

19 hours ago, Mark Knapp said:

It wasn't my fault but I wasn't there to take care of the problem when it happened.

As Wife is constantly reminding me, "It might not be your "fault" ... but I'm blaming you anyway."

5 hours ago, DFoster said:

Your so right, she went skiing with the grand kids last week and I got to stay home and tie flies uninterrupted in a quiet house.    The real highlight though was getting to leave the toilet seat up all week!

Now you have to train yourself to put it back down.

4 hours ago, mikechell said:

As Wife is constantly reminding me, "It might not be your "fault" ... but I'm blaming you anyway."

I wise man once said, "We are all married to the same person"

4 hours ago, mikechell said:

My girlfriend gave me fridge magnet that says just that, as an eternal reminder

1 hour ago, Mark Knapp said:

Now you have to train yourself to put it back down.

Yep- because if she "falls in" I'll get a stern talking too (again). 

We have cats who like to jump up on the toilet seats when we walk into the bathroom.  We BOTH put the seats down, so they won't fall in when it's not.  It's such an ingrained habit now, I even put it down when I'm alone in the hotels.

13 hours ago, mikechell said:

We have cats who like to jump up on the toilet seats when we walk into the bathroom.  We BOTH put the seats down, so they won't fall in when it's not.  It's such an ingrained habit now, I even put it down when I'm alone in the hotels.

Well Mike knowing how most cats feel about water I would say that's a mistake they would only make once.  😂

444.JPG.f5a8c20ef2c6950fd48910f962f057c7.JPG

12 hours ago, DFoster said:

Well Mike knowing how most cats feel about water I would say that's a mistake they would only make once.  😂

One of ours likes to get in the tub after you shower and clean himself with the water in the bottom. He would come running in after he heard the water stop running. 

Once he came darting in, cleared the tub wall, to find a nice warm bath drawn up which he was diving into head first. 😂 

He is a lot more careful on his approach now. 

On 2/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, DarrellP said:

Being a vegan in New Orleans is illegal, isn't it?

I thought it was ILLEGAL everywhere! If not, it should be!

On 2/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, Mark Knapp said:

Angel says "Kale's just gross no matter what they try to do with it" She's full blooded Italian so, bread, pasta and tomato sauce. 

Gosh, you sure eat good! Would you like to adopt me? We could tie all the time!

On 2/12/2021 at 2:17 PM, mikemac1 said:

Dyna King Barracuda Indexer.  Had it since the late 1990s.  

Re the storage system.  Since I have the room to myself, I really needed things organized. You accumulate a lot of stuff in 60+ years of tying.

Thanks MikeMac1! I envy you! WOW 60 yrs of bliss! I wish I had that many years, I'm only 73!

On 8/3/2020 at 6:51 PM, xterrabill said:

here she is with brian may of queen

WOW! She is lovely, but a child! My dreams are older! Enjoy all those years you have to enjoy tying and loving each other! Blessings!

Finally!  It only took 3 years but my wife found a flat file cabinet for tying material storage and I didn't need to sell my fly rods to pay for it.  There are 20 drawers, the dimensions are 12" wide x 19" long and 2.5" deep which is perfect for my needs.  It seems to have been made in the 50's or 60's. Maybe used by a watch or jewelry maker?   The finish is beat up so we are in the process painting it black which to match our office furniture.   I will post pics of it when it's finished and in place. Anyone who has shopped for one of these things knows how expensive most of them are.  This one was on face book market place, listed for $340 and was located 1 hour away.  

My current material storage is a travel trunk packed with plastic totes which are packed with plastic baggies.  It can take some digging to locate materials sometimes, this cabinet should be the solution.

IMG_8667.thumb.JPG.b044058b3fba4c759af46d33565c8240.JPGIMG_8668.thumb.JPG.2855eb837c763071283ccc56cb9eae89.JPGIMG_8669.thumb.JPG.49685d238ea486e6f22f563bca89d25c.JPG