Fly Tying
Kimo

December flies from the Vise

You guys are great inspiration. Couple of cripples. One pheasant tail and the other a goose biot body. PT is a 24, biot is a 26.

mazDxG6a_b.jpg W7pppVLu_b.jpg

Just experimenting with some materials
that I would normally dispose of.
The abdomen is from the stem from a CDL

Saddle Feather.

24799621_1799068866771080_52384386951187

Kimo

Just experimenting with some materials

that I would normally dispose of.

The abdomen is from the stem from a CDL

Saddle Feather.

24799621_1799068866771080_52384386951187

Kimo

YES ..... I've played with those a few times ...such a shame to waste a good resource for bodies :)

Great tie bud :)

I really admire the patience you guys need to tie married wing flies.

I do not have it.

Marrying is the easy part, staying married is where the patience comes in! Can't tell you how often they split when

I'm trying to tie them in.

When marrying wings, it is imperative in using a matched pair if winging material, and you must keep the rights with the rights, and lefts with the lefts

It is imperative in keeping the rights]p

Also married wings come from same bird same place opposite wings. Makes all the difference.

Using waste material to tie a fly that looks better than many other's best efforts !?!?!? ohmy.png

NOW you're just showin' off !!! rolleyes.gif

tongue.png

You do know, Kimo, that there are other background colors besides black ... right? dry.png

That "Black on Black" on a black background ... well, it MIGHT be a good looking fly if I could see it.

Just saying ... wink.png

24799482_1797253943619239_69711605555484

Kimo

The black on black with black background shows more detail on my devices. Cell and tablet. Awesome on tablet. PC I don't use anymore. Poor graphics and abilities in comparison. Outstanding fly by all means and kudos on pics. Best on site I see.

Using waste material to tie a fly that looks better than many other's best efforts !?!?!? ohmy.png

NOW you're just showin' off !!! rolleyes.gif

tongue.png

Lol.

I am fortunate to get the birds whole so I get the choice. I have seen married sets sold that was opposite but not close to each other in use. I have goose duck pheasant and quail in sets usable. At least to my standards. Gotta start tying some because it's ages since last. Silver invicta was last.

Here is a wool head streamer and some slight adjustments with photoshop. Thanks.Also, great ties from everyone this month so far.

GP, great streamer tie and fish food there. Also some fine buggers recently... Are you chasing some panfish or Smallies now or are those beautiful GunPowder browns chasing some Sculpins and other baitfish these days?

Post more contributions anytime

Great job Bim, looks better than any of my first dozen or so. I really struggle with setting the eyes and most end up aysymmetrical when viewed facing the lens. What hooks have you chosen for these?