Fly Tying
Kimo

December flies from the Vise

Bimini,

First attempt or not I think it came out looking pretty good.

Im gonna have to mess around with that a little bit myself.

Bimini,

First attempt or not I think it came out looking pretty good.

Im gonna have to mess around with that a little bit myself.

Go for it Mike, LCA phly construction is very intriguing and fun. With your tying and popper making skills you will be flash frying some masterpisces in short-order...

Size 1 and 2. 1 each for my box , 1 each for a Christmas gift. Not much tying time lately, but I need to start cranking some out soon.

These things are deadly for anything that swims in my local waters.

post-59266-0-45792700-1512618793_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-75133500-1512618810_thumb.jpg

Size 1 and 2. 1 each for my box , 1 each for a Christmas gift. Not much tying time lately, but I need to start cranking some out soon.

Those look like they'd be deadly on anything in my local waters. Can you share a material list?

Those look like they'd be deadly on anything in my local waters. Can you share a material list?

Looks like 4 splayed saddle hackles for a tail, split by a clump of bucktail, add some flash, and then a wrapped hackle up the shank?

Looks like 4 splayed saddle hackles for a tail, split by a clump of bucktail, add some flash, and then a wrapped hackle up the shank?

That's pretty much it. Only, I use kip tail, (calftail), instead of bucktail. I copied these from Capt. Bob. I think my favorite aspect of these, is how they suspend just under the surface. The splayed tail, and profile while in the water, just call the fish in.