Fly Tying
Kimo

December flies from the Vise

+10. Notenuftoys on the great looking HaresEars. The biots and dark bead make for great combo. Biots are kinda a pain for me but really look buggy on those!

Last fly of year for me is a Rusty Rat tied as a hat pin to be given away at next week's Dallas Fly Fisher's meeting.

These "broach style" hooks are a pain to tie on and caused a few problems, but it should look good on a hat. biggrin.png

Happy New Year Everyone!

post-10085-0-60204500-1514758541_thumb.jpg

my turn

smile.png

last fly of the year for me.

Thank you gents for putting up with me and accepting me into FTF.

You guys are all masters in my book!

Happy New Year!!!

post-61737-0-64067200-1514761193_thumb.jpg

+10. Notenuftoys on the great looking HaresEars. The biots and dark bead make for great combo. Biots are kinda a pain for me but really look buggy on those!

Thanks, denduke. I've struggled with biots so this was a way to force myself to tie a bunch of them over and over and see if I could figure it out. I think I did and I'm happy how the batch came out.

It's only 10:51pm, so I'm sneaking this one under the wire.

I actually tied it yesterday after playing around with some materials. I wanted a bass fly with a bunch of movement, eye-catching flash and weight to get down and ride the bottom. It has a rabbit strip tail, polar chenille body, rubbers legs (weren't included in the first few I tied), schlappen collar and ice dub around the lead eyes.

I call it the Vegas Hippie. I hope fish will call it lunch.

27620935119_0bdc265b21_z.jpg

Great idea to use the rabbit/ schlappen instead of hair fibers/bucktail on some salty clousers. They would prolly work great down here in da salt as well as for ole bucket mouth! Gotta get some polar chennile/ice dub all I got is Estaz.... I always go for the sparkle..

IMG_2203.jpg