Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Spring Life Cycle

How this works. There will be groups of four with a maximum of 4 groups. You are only in one group unless you want in another one, and I will be in each group so you don't get one of your's back. This due date will be spring time to give me time. You pick one bug and do a nymph, emerger and your choice for the dry as in dun,spinner etc depending on your bug. Send stamps with your return package so time will not be a factor in the return. If you are international please send cash, stamps or PayPal for your postage. Let's have some fun.

Group #1

Easternfly

2. atxdiscgolfer Black Midge here

3. Dubs BWO here

4. Fisherboy0301 Caddis here

Group #2

Easternfly

2. Flat Rock native Callibaetis here

3. BassBugn Eastern Green Drake here

4. Wetsock Hendrickson here

Group #3

Easternfly

2. GP flyfisherman March Brown here

3. chugbug27 Pale Morning Dun here

4. stabgnid OUT

Group #4

Easternfly

2. Bruce Derington Hendrickson here

3. rockworm B. vagans here

4. bellevue.chartreuse.trout March Brown here

All of your groups are "Group 1".

Sorry, not my kind of tying, so I am not joining ... just noticed the numbers.

Okay, I'm the dummy has to ask...What do you mean? I ain't gettin' it. Why 4 groups? Is that four different people in each group? Does each person signing up does 12 flies total with 3 in a life cycle times 4 people? If so are you going to do 48 flies to fill all four groups? Should we not pick a bug cycle to keep from all of doing a basic baetis? Help me out here Kev. I want in but don't quite have a grasp on it yet. If you're limiting the group to 4 people times 12 flies I'd probably like to get in two groups and fill my spring box of swap flies IF I'm understanding it right. I have in mind doing the life cycle of the damsel fly if we're choosing our fly.

Okay, I'm the dummy has to ask...What do you mean? I ain't gettin' it. Why 4 groups? Is that four different people in each group? Does each person signing up does 12 flies total with 3 in a life cycle times 4 people? If so are you going to do 48 flies to fill all four groups? Should we not pick a bug cycle to keep from all of doing a basic baetis? Help me out here Kev. I want in but don't quite have a grasp on it yet. If you're limiting the group to 4 people times 12 flies I'd probably like to get in two groups and fill my spring box of swap flies IF I'm understanding it right. I have in mind doing the life cycle of the damsel fly if we're choosing our fly.

You get in one group, unless you want in more. More groups mean you tye more flies. If you'r in one group only you will do twelve flies total. Three nymphs, three emergers and three dry types for the life of that bug you pick. I fixed my list so it was right.

Kevin

You get in one group, unless you want in more. More groups mean you tye more flies. If you'r in one group only you will do twelve flies total. Three nymphs, three emergers and three dry types for the life of that bug you pick. I fixed my list so it was right.

Kevin

Ok I'm pretty sure I understand this but it should be 4 of each cycle for a dozen flies. I think you should go back to the way you had it listed before, SM spot and 4 sign ups per group, but drop to 3 groups. Not my show but then we will all send in 4 sets and get 4 different ones back. I'm in however you do it, just thinking out loud

Kevin

Ok I'm pretty sure I understand this but it should be 4 of each cycle for a dozen flies. I think you should go back to the way you had it listed before, SM spot and 4 sign ups per group, but drop to 3 groups. Not my show but then we will all send in 4 sets and get 4 different ones back. I'm in however you do it, just thinking out loud

Yes you are right.I have to many numbers going on right now with work. I need 4 in a group plus myself. Twelve flies split to make the life cycle. I have four different groups to allow for more people if I get enough.