Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Spring Life Cycle

my life cycle is ending. i'm bowing out of this swap

I don't like the way you put that Norm. Tell me not to worry, that it was just a punning way to drop out.

nick

yes pun intended

everything is fine. just changed my mind thats all

laying off swaps on here for a while. gotta work on my tying skills

Can I withdraw if someone objects to a first timer joining? If so I'd like to give this a try.

I'd like to tie a March Brown life cycle if that is permissible.

BCT

I just reread the first post and it says I will not get one of my fly sets back. So if I understand correctly: you only want 3 nymphs, 3 emergers and 3 dries from me. Correct?

bellevue You will be ok. Everyone will be fine with you in. Everyone needs to tye 3 of each within the life cycle of the bug you choose.

Kevin

Eastern Fly - um...ok, but is FlatRockNative in or me? I see the first page listing and he is entered as the 3rd in group 4??

IT's quite alright if I'm not in the swap - but just let me know.BCT

You are the man BCT!!!!!

Will explain later... after breaking vow to Stop the Swap addiction after the Butte Ugly.

Flat Rock native are you in or out because I thought I put BCT in. I see my mistake.

Kevin

Out.

Please automatically put me in next one, Kevin. My mistake too!

Or, maybe replacement tyer if someone needs a sub because Life and other unforeseen priorities arise

OK, then if I'm understanding correctly, the first page needs updated and BCT will take the place of FRN in that list - correct?

I will need to tie 3 flies - with enough flies to cover (at least) 4 'sets'. Three of the following stages - nymph, emerger, dun, and spinner - will be sent in - again with 4 sets of these completed.

Are these flies going to the other people in the group I'm listed with (and one set for the swapmeister - thus the 4th set)?

What is an acceptable 'toe tag'? What information goes on the toe tag? If the answers to these sorts of questions are on a link ot old thread, jsut direct me to it. Thanks

BCT

... and I think Eastern Fly - you said by end of March right?

I'm looking for the 1 March unless everyone is finished and in to me. Everyone needs to do 3 nymphs, 3 emergers/cripples and 3 dry types. They can be a dun, spinner etc depending on your bug. Stones don't have a dun stage. You flies will be in only your group. I kept the date long to give me time for all. As far as tags. I like to use waisted strips of foam or colors I may not use. Your screen name goes on the tag.

Kevin

Kevin

You got a spot Flat Rock. Life and things and wife leaving (only on a trip...dang she's coming back) and having some other things going on right now I can do with finishing the swap I'm in now and taking a little time. I was going to do damsel fly but was trying to figure out how to make it work. I've tied the nymphs several times to different recipes, tied the adults not long ago for a swap, but don't know how to do an emerger. Maybe an adult configuration with wings pinned back instead of sticking out. Anyway, if you take the spot you can do what you want so have fun. Gonna have Kevin doing more editing than tying on this one.

Nick