Fly Tying

i used my set of wasach eye painting tools which i dont think are no longer available

6 different diameters for painting eyes

4443.jpg

i also used craft smat acrylic pait from michaels craft store but any brand of craft paint will work

the tools can be made from various sizes of brass rods, nails, wooden dowels etc

theres a bazillion way of doing a "hot spot" but i prefer the version i did

to each their own

theres a bazillion way of doing a "hot spot" but i prefer the version i did

to each their own

100% flytire, and your tie is magnifico and the great thing about it is, just like baseball dbl-header days it is so easy to say: "Let's Play Two!" my suggestion for a variant is just for me while deploying for La Fontaine- esque, local fish food and drink....

I was thinking of doing a bright pink bout spot on mine do you guys think it would be a good addition? I should have them ready to mail early next week.

Yes, Vicente. Still the same address. If you have it recorded, you're good to go. If you need me to repeat it, let me know.

BB

Well all tied, this is by far the earliest I've had my flys done, most of the time I'm just hoping someone is later the I am.

I haven't started yet. Not even sure what I'll do. This is a way for me to try to get on with my life and do a few things that I used to enjoy. I have been going through some things and sorting stuff also after a death. I lost my wife of 28 years on New year's day. She put up a good fight but the bladder cancer finally won the war. Now I'm kind of lost without her. Maybe this will be the first step on a long trek to trying to live without the dearest friend I will ever have.

I don't know what I'd do without Wife. She's my "comfort zone".

I can only offer my sincerest and deepest condolences, Net.

My deepest condolences netabrookie . One of the toughest things to go through in life. Probably the toughest.

Tying will help. God bless and I wish you peace.

Whew! I'm glad to see the website back up. I was worried over the weekend that I had posted a jig swap and it was such a radical idea that it closed down the entire website! Just kidding. But I AM glad to be back on the forum!

Netabrookie, I am SO sorry to hear of your loss. You have my prayers and my deepest sympathies. I would be totally lost without my wife. I wish you great success in anything that will help you to discover peace, hope and joy once again. If I can be of help to you, I would be glad to PM, email, etc with you.

Take care

BB