Fly Tying
Bimini15

Brrrrr...! How low can you go?

Doesn't count, Chug. You're so close to Los Angeles that the pollution keeps temperature preternaturally high. unsure.png

It's like living near Chernobyl and being glad your food can be cooked just by holding it out the window. tongue.png

biggrin.png

36 in Clewiston, Fl. this morning.

No complaints here. I'll enjoy it for a little bit. We'll be back to 80 next week.

post-59266-0-68749000-1515094571_thumb.png

The worst thing about this weather right now is this stupid name they are calling it....a "bomb cyclone"....really?? bomb cyclone? ... I may be just turning into a grumpy old man but back in my day we called it a blizzard. I feel like finding out who came up with that name and driving to that weather station, bitchslapping them, then driving back home. .. Bomb cyclone dry.png

Everything has to be hyped to catch our attention these days.

Blizzard reminds me of DQ, sweet and satisfying, but if I hear the word bomb in the news, they have my attention.

Just in answer to Steve ... I, too, was irritated by the "Bomb" Cyclone terminology. So, I researched it.

The "bomb" is short for "Bombogenisis", which is an adopted term by meteorologist to describe storms that rapidly increase in intensity.

Normally used to describe hurricanes like Harvey.

Since this storm has developed into a cyclone in a very short time, the bombogenisis term applies.

Still, I am tired of hearing and reading it already. And I am REALLY tired of having it's effects felt down here. I was hoping for a week of fishing before going north ...

I think I'm gonna start hyping my rods like that from now on....

MCFR 2018 releases it's new Extreme Technology designed Bombogenisis graphite design featuring unparalleled performance! Only $795.00 check one out today!

happy.png

Steeldrifter,

I'm in your corner on this one. Also why did we change it to "Snow Showers" when they were always "Flurries"?

Michael

Here's another one for ya that bugs me and I don't know why......"Thunder snow" dry.png

ya the bomb thing is retarded at best

Supposed to go down to 11 tonight here and -2 on the weekend.

I think I'm gonna start hyping my rods like that from now on....

MCFR 2018 releases it's new Extreme Technology designed Bombogenisis graphite design featuring unparalleled performance! Only $795.00 check one out today!

^_^

Others already do it :) :

“(Famous rod here) was designed to significantly reduce the variables at the point of release focusing the energy of the cast to the intended target. No matter what happens behind you, the energy of the forward cast is crisply released through a tight window created by the most significant reduction in horizontal and vertical tip frequency ever conceived. It is a rifle in a world of muskets and it autocorrects the variables of the cast to the target with incomparable precision”

Well I was hitting the ice on Saturday but the weatherman is calling for a low of 0 with 15 to 20 mph winds gusting to 30. Cancelled the trip to stay home. I will stay home make potato soup instead. Maybe next weekend.

Well I was hitting the ice on Saturday but the weatherman is calling for a low of 0 with 15 to 20 mph winds gusting to 30. Cancelled the trip to stay home. I will stay home make potato soup instead. Maybe next weekend.

y9CGew.png