Fly Tying
vicente

Bugger swap #2

Our math book had stuff like, "Mike has 3 rocks and Joe doesn't have any" "If Joe takes one of Mike's rock than what does Joe have?" My answer was a black eye from Mike.

....For you young guys Norm and I know what a slide rule is really for. Google it on your cell phone/calculator. It's been so long since I went to school I trained on an abacus.

My father taught me how to use a slide rule for a school project years ago!

My buggers are going out in about a week and a half.I wanted to do something a bit more fancy instead of a regular one so I had to order some goodies.I shall call them "Flying Dutchman Buggers"

i use the following equation to determine the number of hackle wraps for a given size hook

3hZjEqb.jpg

i wrapped the hackle from the rear to the front, embedding the hackle stem in the peacock herl. i did not use a wire rib

oh slide rules calculate but do not measure :)

anything else?

I've been leaving a wire stem out the back, then putting chenille or whatever body, then tie stem of hackle in and wrap to back, tie it in place with wire and wind that forward. I've always been convinced without proof the wire wrap helps the hackle stay on fly better when it's getting chewed on.

another technique is to tie in the hackle by the tip and then the chenille. then twist the hackle and chenille together to form a sort of rope and then wrap forward. no wire required

It's all yours Rod I haven't had you on a swap with me yet if this is your first make sure you read the rules on the main swap page, let me know if you have any questions.

I was looking to do a bead headed or weighted bugger as my set of 12... is that ok by the rules? I'd then probably go articulated for the other three.

Vicente, thanks for allowing me to join the fun. This is my first swap on this site but I have done a few on some other sites, I made sure to read the rules before I committed to join the swap, if any questions pop up I will let you know

Rodney

That sounds good hazathor, whatever you decide.

Glad you could join Rod the last lobe pid these was a good swap this one shouldn't disappoint either.

Steve I'll pm you my address now.

Can you pm the address too?

Another dumb question, would you rather have another envelope with a new return label on it or just a return label inside the original envelope to reuse the original? Sorry if this was in the rules, only question I couldnt find an exact answer to.

I'm five with reusing the same one as long as I just have to stick the label on it, make sure you include stamps for the return postage.