Fly Tying
Kimo

February Flies from the Vise

AM I seeing things or is the eye of that hook rotated 90 degrees? So its more or less oriented in a vertical plane (where we have tied on hooks that are more on a horizontal plane as we are seated tying them)?.....KIMO?

...or maybe I'm just seeing things! Wouldn't be the first time.

BCT

Gamakatsu

C15-BV Vertical Eye, Emerger, Barbless

I’m not a fish but looks great to catch my feed back is maybe start the underbody 2 to 3 eyes back keep body in upright to end to lean tail end up. Ribbing I would use wire xsmall hackle I’d great. Head is messy. A lighter would clean up. Pull hackle fibers and thread and scorch the excess. Only if your shadow boxing it. Fish don’t care that much. Great fly.

Try the soft hackles. Lots of variations there and most are way too easy for me to e proud lol.

That fly will catch and looks good non the less.

What vise is it you use. That’s a straight jaw to hook from what I see.

Btw I love most what you tie and consider you as a great contributor to the think tank in flies

I found some size 4 worm hooks at cabelas the other day, going to tie up some of those little snagless frogs of yours.

Cool! I've been out of 4's for a while. Good find.

Thanks Tom,

It is a Regal. I keep it in the horizontal position so that the hook shank is always parallel to the desk.

It helps when applying UV resins and such.