Fly Tying
Mike West

April Fools Warm Water Swap...

Going in the mail tomorrow!

Almost done with mine trying to figure out a couple more that are 8 weight worthy, I fish much larger flys with my 4wt then I'm sure most people do so the line is kinda blurry for me.

Got the first half dozen easy but now the dilemna. For years I've spent fishing bass with bait and spin gear. When I did use a fly rod for bass or pike I will admit to using store bought poppers almost exclusively. I've used streamers and buggers for trout, panfish and crappies but just never fished bass below the surface much with fly rod. I have a few cork fly bodies I can tie up and a couple of nice streamers I've used for sand bass and hybrids so I think I'll tie those. I'll get something together. I have been tying some subsurface flies I've used with no success for browns and I think a Sculpin imitation is worth a try since I plan on using some for bass. I've also been working on a couple of crab (crayfish) patterns that might be presentable enough to send. I'll get something together soon but will need to do some thinking and u-tubeing.

Interesting that spell check underlined my dilemna. I went to google and found out that many of us old timers were taught this incorrectly in school and have spelled it incorrectly ever since. My gosh, what a dilemma for us old guys when the proper spelling just doesn't look right.

Im going to steal a pic Flytier posted in an other thread and post it here. Your packages should be something like this example.

Except we dont need toe tags in this swap but your box you sent the flies in needs your screen handle on it.

Thx.

A226_C4_CE_4396_4963_AEA3_86_BDD909440_E

Keep in mind also...6 flies geared towards 3-6 wts. and 6 flies geared towards 7-9 wts.

Yep I like it when boxes have both your sn here and real name, unless you Nene on the site ous the same as real name or done part of it.

vicente, either you're off your meds, overdosing on them, or actually trusting auto-correct.

Mine should go out today, for better or worse. I will tell the lucky person getting mine in a draw that the two bass poppers in there are only half mine. During the Christmas swap some persons much better at popper bodies than I'll ever be sent some bare painted bodies with hooks, one with a weedguard. I dressed the bodies and should be very usable on the bass pond but feel getting some nice popper bodies to the swapper was more important to me than claiming I did the whole job.

Combination, JK, it's over trusting auto correct, I pretty much just use my phone and it had Swype predictive text and I always forget to proof read, the numbers of times it decides to use a word that makes no sense at all or is very obscure is astounding.

Mike West sends those nicely painted popper bodies out fairly often, works out great for me, I Hate painting them.

Mike do we need to toe tag each fly or just the box.

Anything from me show up Mike?