Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

9th Annual Opening Day Swap

Bob, was I not supposed to name my pick (adams)? If that's the case I can pick something else and keep it to myself, just let me know.

That vicente, is definitely a variably variable. I like the H&L but tie it with the more common calf tail but I generally use Cree hackle since I have such a fantastic cape to work with. Sadly, it is getting picked through pretty hard so may need to go to barred ginger or something like that in future.

Bob, I'm about half way through a run of Perdigons. Per the advice of Planet Trout I am using a blue theme. Silver bead, Coq de Leon tail, blue flash body with fine silver holographic tinsel ribbing. Orange hot spot and wife's Navy Blue nail polish wing bud topped off with a coat of UV. Just doesn't have that flare of a lot of other nymphs out there but is designed to get down quick and work deep with a tight line. I figure a pair of them on for Czech nymphing should find some of the those trout looking down for their next meal.

yes nick I tied the traditional version for BB's "worst nightmare" swap I figured I would try them with para post instead of the calf hair I will probably go with a dark hackle on these but felt like seeing what a lighter colored one would look like.

So this is my first attempt at a run of Perdigon flies. Like said above, Coq de Leon tail, Blue Flash shell, Silver Holo tinsel rib, Orange hotspot, Navy Blue wingcase, UV coated. Not quite the right hook but they should do the job getting down quick or as an anchor fly.

DSCF3111 (2).JPG DSCF3112 (2).JPG DSCF3114 (2).JPG