Fly Tying

This fly is one that a friend showed me a while back. In fact you saw me fish with him this past summer. Kyle is his name, and he is the one who took me out on his bass boat to fly fish for some smallmouth bass. He had one of these flies that he said he used for months, and caught probably 100 bass on. It was so durable, and very effective. So of course I went home and tied a few. And sure enough, these are effective and durable.

This version I changed up the colors a bit, and some of the materials. Mainly the dubbing used. Its very good quality dubbing, and the synthetic mixed with the natural really makes a unique dubbing. I like this version, and the color pattern really works as a baby brown trout imitation.

Materials I used:
Hook: Gamakatsu B10S in size 2
Thread: Veevus Power Thread 140 in Brown
Weight: Large Painted Lead Dumbbell Eyes
Dubbing: Monster Dubbing in Dark Brown, Yellow and White
Wing: Magnum Rabbit Zonker in Chinchilla
UV Resin: Solarez "Ultra Thin"

Kind of a name takeoff on one of the great fly designs of all time, the original Scott Sanchez's Double Bunny. It won the Jackson Hole "One Fly Contest" three years in a row in 1992, '93. and '94 before it was outlawed from competition. It is the only multi year winner and the only fly every outlawed from use in the One Fly.

http://jacksonholeonefly.com/one-fly-event/winning-flies/

Kind of a name takeoff on one of the great fly designs of all time, the original Scott Sanchez's Double Bunny. It won the Jackson Hole "One Fly Contest" three years in a row in 1992, '93. and '94 before it was outlawed from competition. It is the only multi year winner and the only fly every outlawed from use in the One Fly.

http://jacksonholeonefly.com/one-fly-event/winning-flies/

Thats "double" bunny, this is "dubby" bunny Not trying to copy people. Its about as close as car and cat. Means two different things. HAHA But yes, that double bunny is a great fly! I honestly didnt even think about it though when naming this. Honestly Its probably named something different somewhere else. I dont really know the originator of the fly or the real name. Like I said, my buddy showed me the fly and I thought it was awesome! So I used it quite often and it worked wonders! But I had to call it something, so I called it a "dubby bunny" since I used dubbing and a bunny strip. Im not too creative with names honestly. Most just are named by the materials I used. HAHAHHA