Fly Tying

The Animas River is one of those rivers that you can either have the worst day fishing of your life, or the very best day fishing of your life. Very few days are in between that. Luckily, on this trip it was one of the better days fishing.

The day started slow, with no bites, but once we found one run that held some nice fish, all of a sudden things started looking up. I hooked into a nice fish right off the bat at that spot, but lost it. However shortly after I hooked up again and brought in a nice rainbow. Then shortly after Jeff hooked up and brought in a nice rainbow as well, that had to be one of the most colorful rainbows Ive ever seen. Then Jeff hooked into a monster of a fish. Powerful and large! This took him over 16 minutes to bring in, and it was well over 24". Absolutely one of the better quality fish I have seen in one day. Definitely the best average of fish size on this river.

http://youtu.be/clO_FD6bU74