Fly Tying
wmw4

Classic Smoky Mountain Flies

I based this fly design off of old school wet flies.I knew I needed a different kind of collar hackle that would stand out against and flow with the body nicely. I tested this with a lot of different dubbings,but seal fur just really seems to do the trick.Its super buggy and silky feeling,has a nice shine and the color of the claret is pretty nice too.If you lack seal fur,SLF is the same color will do.

Named this after the river I tested it on;The Clinch River.If you tie some please let me know how it does for you!I've had great luck on this when nothing else has worked.

post-3092-0-60131900-1531685233_thumb.jpg

Zip,

Thanks for the picture. I have a few spots in mind on the Timber Coulee and the West Fork of the Kickapoo for my May and September trips.

This should also work well on some local ponds for bluegill.

That fly looks great.

Zip,

Thanks for the picture. I have a few spots in mind on the Timber Coulee and the West Fork of the Kickapoo for my May and September trips.

This should also work well on some local ponds for bluegill.

That fly looks great.

It'll do well in those areas!And it would kill gills!If I were fishing it for gills I'd use synthetic dubbing.

Thanks guys, plenty of stuff to keep me busy for a while.

Good luck with em!I don't think I've ever fished a trout stream(s) as beautiful as the Smokies.

When I was a kid I would walk miles up there and the lower Pigeon River.Always love fishing in the fall.Hell of a place to grow up