Fly Tying

Right handed and camera video recorder is on a tripod with a hand held remote to control zoom and movement of lens. It works well for him and when he first got it you can see the remote in a few videos.

Sorry to inform you but Tim is a one-man show. Professionally he is a videographer
and has been for years. He is using a camera with a long macro lense.
He spends a minimum of 2 hours on even the shortest videos.
He should be at the Denver Fly Fishing Show this year as he was last year.
Probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Kimo

Sorry to inform you but Tim is a one-man show. Professionally he is a videographer

and has been for years. He is using a camera with a long macro lense.

He spends a minimum of 2 hours on even the shortest videos.

He should be at the Denver Fly Fishing Show this year as he was last year.

Probably one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Kimo

Tim does some of the best videos available and I really enjoy everyone of them. Thanks for tip of the Denver show, I might have to try and get up there!

My Nikon has lenses that zoom nd has a macro lens and all are either manual or auto in the later case the camera has a motor that can be controlled by a remote. What his setup is I dont know but I do know he uses a remote he keeps on his leg. With that said I never said he had a crew. Tightline productions is a different story. At least the voice isnt the Tier.

Has anybody ACTUALLY seen Tim Flagler film his videos in his studio or tying room to verify what equipment he ACTUALLY uses? Or is this just speculation

If Flagler is the tier then the voice is the tier. No? Probably added in the editing of the video

Tightline has on occasion presented Matt Grobert as a tier in his videos

Has anybody ACTUALLY seen Tim Flagler film his videos in his studio or tying room to verify what equipment he ACTUALLY uses? Or is this just speculation

If Flagler is the tier then the voice is the tier. No?

Tightline has on occasion presented Matt Grobert as a tier in his videos

Had the chance to talk to him extensively at the FFS last year comparing notes

and techniques.

He did share with me some of his equipment notes, common complaints from people who view our videos and

the time it takes to produce a video. I shared with him my technique for producing my panoramic views for flies

and he shared with me what he uses to get his flies to revolve.

But to answer your question, no, I haven't actually seen him do it.

The funny thing is I was giving him a hard time about his speaking voice vs his VO voice. They don't sound the same.

He said he does "sweeten" his audio in post.

Kimo

Well all I can say is making these videos is not easy. So I imagine it takes him a long time also. I have one camera so I have to move it and re-establish shot every time I change angle. He does angle changes as well. But just filming takes anywhere from a half hour to 2 hours for me. Then there is editing, which takes a while also to get the time down just right. Usually I can tie a fly like this without cameras in about 1-2 minutes. But I am so much slower when the camera is 1 away from the fly and I cant even see the fly directly but have to see what Im doing through the view finder of the camera. So for me, from time to start prepping the camera to when I am done editing we are talking about 6-8 hours. Lol. After watching his video I saw how good he does with camera work. Up until seeing his I thought my close up shots and camera work was one of the best out there, now I know there are some slightly better. Stinks, I just spent like $2000 on camera equipment to be the best. Hahahahaha. Someone beat me to it. Of course they have sponsorship it looks like. All the videos Ive seen so far say orvis on it. Me its just me, and the small amount of advertising money from youtube. Which of course isnt enough to cover even materials. But, its fun, and a good learning experience. I mean, since I started videoing and now, I think Ive improved greatly. I get lots of constructive criticism which helps me improve. Of course being online means your bombarded with non constructive critisim also. Like I made a video last year about my dog passing away and one guy said good, you suck and dont deserve a dog! Good your dog died you piece of $&@. Lol. I was like wow! But for the most part Ive made some great friends and gotten some good help with improvement.

This is one of the RS2's that Rim tied for me.
Please note the taper of the body and how tight
the dubbing noodle that he creates. It really creates
a defined segmented abdomen.
As you would expect it is simple and elegant in its design.
It is also not that easy to tie consistently

39008923_2113941911950439_75549167514864

Kimo

It is also not that easy to tie consistently

39008923_2113941911950439_75549167514864

Kimo

The segmented dubbing body reminds of the old line, "how do you get to Carnegie Hall?" Practice, practice.practice!

Tail looks a little off center there Tom... maybe its the angle. But usually I try to make the tips of the tail line up.

It is also not that easy to tie consistently39008923_2113941911950439_75549167514864

Kimo

A great example of the fly and a great photo.

Thanks for posting it Kimo!

So since we got far off track from my original posting. With 5-6 other peoples videos about the same fly in my video I posted, here is mine again, so it doesnt get lost in the postings..... and I would like more than one person to comment on it please. While kimo ties a great Fly, and I agree with that, I would like someone to tell me what they thought of my fly and video. Thanks!