Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

Good cheap lamp

I just got me one of these, with a led bulb. Plenty of light, plenty of flex, and only $15 on Amazon.

The only downside is that my daughter has already snatched it for her room.

But I have another on the way (which will no doubt be snatched by my other daughter...)

post-52874-0-29964800-1537493356_thumb.jpeg

i bought one similar from Walmart for $10. had a post on the end of it that I cot a couple collar clamps and clamped through one of the holes one my tying bench. works better than I expected. slapped a $5 led bulb from Walmart in it and the thing lights up the room. good find.

This is what I use. But, I did not mount it to the base it came with. Instead, I use zip-ties to secure it to the post on my vise. One of the bet ghings about this lamp is length of the gooseneck. It allows you to position the light anywhere you want.

desk lamp: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00385941/

Speaking of lamps, does anyone have a recommendation for a vise mounted cordless lamp. The Flyshop in CA has one for about $25. It appears to be the same as Cabelas which has limited (4) reviews, 3 of which are very poor.

Thanks, Bob H

Speaking of lamps, does anyone have a recommendation for a vise mounted cordless lamp. The Flyshop in CA has one for about $25. It appears to be the same as Cabelas which has limited (4) reviews, 3 of which are very poor.

Thanks, Bob H

I got one from Badger Creek (eFlytier.com) that was similar. The little LED flashlight just doesn't give off enough light. A friend showed me to a 4x zoom flashlight that he bought, that fit the clamp perfectly. He had lots of light, plus he could zoom in for more intensity, or zoom out for bigger coverage.

dZGvcw.jpg

The above pic will give you an idea of just how long I have had mine. Probably been in use for at least the past 12+ years at the rod building bench. I'd say I have got my money's worth out of it lol. Has been knocked around beat up bent and all sorts of stuff and once the arm finally got broke I used the desk mount to mount it to the wall and it is still alive and kicking smile.png