Fly Tying
vicrider

Time for Secret Santa Christmas Swap Planning

November 17th to have the flies arrive no later than Nov. 24th.

Yeah I caught that part...so no cut off entry date then?

I’m just watching the entries and is going to be 10 or 30?

So someone could jump in on Nov 16 and overnight them to and be in?

Cut off for entry is the 17th so the flies can arrive to Vic by the 24th.

Vic,

Boxes are done. Hitting the mail tomorrow hopefully. No later than friday. I'll pm you with the tracking number as soon as their sent.

Joshpilon08

I'm in Nick, I have a question though, I would like to submit a bird and trout knife with a sheath instead of a set of flys if that would be ok?

That's something that would be up to you vicente. I would take the time to put that on a separate draw for those who would like in the draw. I'd have my own name in there except it would seem like cheating. Maybe have someone not interested in the knife do the "spin the wheel". I'm sure almost anyone would be happy to get that.

Mike West, the last couple of years we have been up to around 30 entries. There is no cut-off for sign up. This year entries are going a little slower than last few years but hopefully more will join in soon. Would love to see us hit the 30 mark again. More the merrier. I'll send you a note soon on your package.

Nick

I wasa at a fly tying class in Concord yesterday led by Tim Flagler https://vimeo.com/user3412872 and hosted by Angus Bozeman I will include some of Tim's patterns in my Christmas box. I will have it in the mail this week.

Flies are in the mail. Trout patterns size 10 to 18 in a shirt pocket size box. Tracking number:

9500 1155 9402 8295 1255 45.

Nick, I will put postage money in your Paypal account.

First boxes came in today and as usual the generosity of the secret swappers is huge. FishingBob, don't know how I missed it. Hate to add you last because you're always one of the first up. Would still like to see a few more get in this. Josh, your gifts are fantastic and thank you but I'm asking people do not send return envelopes but just add a few bucks for postage. I've got the Santa Special envelopes for mailing already.

Hi All,

I'm Camo Clad's wife and I'm in.

I'll tie a dozen freshwater bugs,

And would like freshwater flies as my gift.

I will also add some goodies to be passed around.

Great deal Smokin' Guns. I look at the handles you guys go by and there's no doubt outdoors is a big part of your lives. Venison froze for a week now and time to start making use of it. Welcome to the site and will appreciate your gift and any extras you might part with. They all get distributed to other tying tables around the country.

Another arrival today from r2732 and there is no trout fisherman who wouldn't be happy with this contribution. Unusual and great box filled with quality flies from top down.

Had a new member Bates423 join our swap. We are still about 10 short of last couple of years. Hope to see some more jump in this weekend. Early arrivals in mail look fantastic.

Sorry to send the envelope. Must have missed that in the description. I hope whoever gets them likes them.and put them to good use. Enjoy.