Fly Tying
flytire

hmh trv review

Norm, That Pro Vise Virtual Nymph is about the prettiest thing I've ever seen.

It's all business, clean and practical. At $1,523.00 USD, it's priced well out of most of the general fly tying public's budget. It is sold out at this time buy that doesn't necessarily mean they can't keep up with orders. It may just be made to order.

I'd really love to hear from someone that has used one.

Mark I spoke with Bruce Corwin at the Marlborough show who was tying on an actual made by Lawrence Waldron LAW vice. He recommends pro vise as the one to buy if you want a LAW copy. I'm not sure why it's priced at more than 3 times the CAE? For me though, I'm never parting with my TRV.

rs, you are right, maybe I'll call it a "pimped-up" TRV. Can you say that Here? Or maybe I'll call it a TRV with heavy mods.

I'm going to build a new base for it too.

My mods all fall under the heading "Research and Development" for building my own vise, along with checking out all the other fine vises we see. I really like the base on the Pro Vise.

The world probably doesn't need a new vise but it's a lot of fun for me to build things.

DF, me too. It seems to be priced at over three times the original LAW, the CAE and the TRV, but everybody has the right to ask whatever they want for the things they produce and accept the consequences

The Pro Vice was sold by Virtial Nymph in the UK. They make a great product called nymph skin. They only made about 25 pro vices and have been sold out for close to a year. Dale the owner said they are not making anymore for now because of problems with the company that makes them. I have heard a mixed bag on the vice as not as quality as a LAW.

Ive got to say as a owner of the CAE vise its every bit as good as a LAW and the PRo Vice. Ive used a LAW and seen a Pro Vice. At $700 dilivered delivered to the USA its a bargain. I cant find anything about it I would change. But the drawback is Charlie Evans only makes a few so expect a wait time.

I'm glad they got the CAE bugs worked out.

What bugs? Mine is just about perfect as it could be. I wish I could show it to you.

Barry

Every new company/product has some growing pains. No one designing anything can get it exactly right first thing out of the blocks, and it will never be perfect for everybody. That's why many people ask for reviews before buying.

All reviews are subjective. You won't find an objective review of any vise. There were some fairly early ngative reviews of the CAE early on, possibly because it was a poor copy of a LAW vise. Maybe they've cleared those complaints up by now.