Fly Tying
flytire

hmh trv review

As a foot note to all of the TRV discussion. I have 2 Renzetti vises. The Master I've already mentioned and an older Presentation 2000 (2004 as it was called then to be exact). I refer to it as my "Mini-Master" because of the ability to pivot the head. The interesting thing is I tried some larger hooks to see what happens on the 2004, and as per the Renzetti web site it easily held a 4/0 securely and even larger sizes including the needed protective plastic to preserve the finish on those expensive handmade custom blind eye salmon hooks.

Obviously one's choice of vise is purely personal...so whatever works for you and your budget allows...go for it !!!!!

11 hours ago, Mogup said:

This is my baby !

3541CFA8-8B30-44D5-8749-19EF9ACA14BD.jpeg

Here's my baby Mogup with the new taller stem.  Dyna King Barracuda is a fantastic piece of engineering. I love the function that allows both our vises to pivot the jaws up.  It really opens up the back of the hook.  I also love that everything on both vises is stainless, brass or tool steel. 

IMG_6204.thumb.JPG.9a19e8f30b3c292bf36cfa2a3db95d5c.JPG

32 minutes ago, SalarMan said:

The tying space we all need and enjoy as our escape place.

George you are so right.  Due to the power outages from the tropical storm last week we had all 6 of our grandchildren for 5 days- we only lost power for a couple of hours and they were out for days.  The tying desk is in a room with a door, my "Fortress of Solitude" and perfect place to be when the chaos and noise levels exceeded my threshold.  I was also fortunate to get out on a the river while my wife an daughter took the tiny monsters on a long hike at a nearby state park.  The water is really low at this time of year and therefore deserted -perfect.  Tough fishing, really shallow,  knee deep water was a "pool".  I could see the brookies but are they spooky at this time of year.  Still a great morning- I caught lots of quiet and I didn't have to watch Frozen for the 37th time!

Parents that have more than 2 children are like superhero's to me-

I don't have any pictures, but you can obviously do the same with the jaws on either of the Renzettis I own. I've never done this, but next time on some small flies I sure will.

My tying room/office has a door as well...with a lock👍 We don't have any children, therefore none of the little urchins either...and no complaints 😁

Very nice DFoster !  i’ve eyeballed the TRV several times at the shows.

I need space !  As I’m a very untidy tyer 😳,   I tied alot of saltwater patterns which call for multi bucktail and saddle

colors and a large desk is required for me anyway.