Fly Tying
Mark Knapp

What bugs you?

Only took twenty years for that to dawn on me. :- /

OOOOOOOkaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy !!!

That REALLY bugs me. At 59 ... I've had WAAAAYYYY too many things "dawn on me" way after I wish they had !!!

Thanks for reminding me of that fact, Bryon. It bugs me that I had to be reminded, too !!!

Wow, a two-fer...I'm on FIRE! :-D Right there with ya, Mike. Nothing makes the experience of learning a new thing bittersweet like realizing you should have learned it years ago. I guess that's--marginally-- better than never figuring it out at all. smile.png

But then you never realize what you're missing or how much easier it could've been for x or xx (for some here maybe xxx) years.

Then a bit later it dawns on me that I knew this twenty years ago.

Now that one sounds a bit familiar.

D, Who would have the audacity to put non-related stuff on your fly tying bench? Happens to me too.

I tied a #26 mosquito the on Saturday just for fun. I took it out of the vise and it promptly popped out of the tweezers onto the mottled gray carpet in my fly tying room. I looked for it for quite a bit more time than it took me to tie it in the first place. It's gone.

D, Who would have the audacity to put non-related stuff on your fly tying bench? Happens to me too.

I tied a #26 mosquito the on Saturday just for fun. I took it out of the vise and it promptly popped out of the tweezers onto the mottled gray carpet in my fly tying room. I looked for it for quite a bit more time than it took me to tie it in the first place. It's gone.

I re read my marriage vows really carefully too and no where did it say anything about having to share my tying bench.

DF, walk across your wife's office and put some fly tying stuff on her desk. Only stuff you don't mind losing though. smile.png

Is it true that fluorocarbon never decomposes and the lost broken pieces remain forever in the water? If so, then your leaders should still be good whenever they show up.

They are still in the Sportsman Warehouse bag they were in when I bought them. They're around here somewhere if someone didn't mistake the bag for empty.

It amazes me how much trash I go home with whenever I go to some of the more popular fishing spots. That's one of the things that really bug me. I even found someones fishing license. Since he left so much other garbage where he was fishing I didn't mail it back to him. I figured I'd either have him donate more to Fish and Game for a duplicate or keep him from trashing more of the outdoors.

Mark a magnetic bingo chip wand on ebay for 5.00. Has saved many hooks and flies and

safe guarded my black lab who has made my tying desk leg space area his cave !

post-59483-0-15917100-1548197044_thumb.jpeg

Mogup, yes, I definitely need to keep one at my desk. We use them in the shop, I even have a long handle model. It sometimes doesn't work cuz the hooks get stuck in the carpet. Maybe I need a metal detector too.smile.png

Tying three boxes of flies only to find out none of them are the size you'll need. :rolleyes:

I'm so new to stream fishing that I was just going with the winter=tiny flies strategy. Not necessarily the best idea for my upcoming trip. Time to start on some bigger offerings for this weekend.

That bare spot on the kitchen table where I knocked over the head cement.

Brass, tungsten beads that escape. Fastest things on the planet once they hit the floor.

Fishing for hours without a hit and missing the only strike that happens because you're daydreaming.

Litter.